HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!
Old 09-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Buck Magnet

Default RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Hey guys,

I got out today and checked out one of my better stand spots (the Oaks), which is about a 1 acre clearing in some thick woods that has nothing but yard-grass on the ground and sparse huge white oaks making a canopy. The west side of the clearing is thick brush (bedding area), to the south is a large grown up apple orchard, to the east is the large grown-up golden-rod field with a pond in it (where I have been seeing the 150" class 10 pointer), and to the north is the property owners backyard. One the west side of this clearing I found tons of rubs and a natural scrape. When I saw this I came back to my house and headed for Wal-Mart where I picked up two bottles of "Active Scrape" scent, a bottle of non-estrus doe urine, and a bottle of buck tarsal scent. I came back home and grabbed my scent dripper and both of my scouting cameras. I went back and put my Moultrie digital over the natural scrape and just added a little bit of each scent to that scrape. I went and found a perfect looking tree that is about 23 yards from my stand and I scraped up the ground, broke up the over-hanging branch, sprayed the scrape andover-hanging branchwith the doe urine and tarsal gland scent, then I filled the scrape dripper with active scrape and hung that over the scrape and sprayed the remaining active scrape on the over-hanging branch. I set the Trail Mac digital over the scrape and I am really looking forward to checkin the cameras out next week. I am gonna leave the cameras there till atleast Monday afternoon before I check them, I might wait till Thursday though.

Been shooting the BowTech alot and am drilling tacks out to 40 yards, this thing is dead on and I am ready to roll. All I have to do is wait for season to open and I have a feeling that the wait is gonna kill me. I may get out Monday afternoon and do a little archery hunting for some dang ground-hogs.

Here are a few new game cam pics....