Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread! >

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Old 09-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

I met with an old indian Chief this morning and he told me that we will win this contest. Just thought I'd pass iton to you guys. Like we didn't all ready know! pphhhhssss!
Old 09-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

Alright fella's, I'm back from Maine (no bear). I'll be out on Saturday chasing them in MD. I let a buddy hunt my stand last Saturday while I was outta town. He saw 9 deer by 7:30, but no bucks yet. Just a matter of time...

Slice
Old 09-20-2005, 12:26 AM

old indian chief very wise!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:25 PM

Well, I leave Friday afternoon for our farm in southern MO. It's not knownfor big bucks, however my buddy shot a 154 there last fall. It's nothing but good old Missouri Ozarks hardwoods, no crops at all, save 2 clover patches we planted a couple of years ago. Besides, as hot as it's gonna be, I do believe we will be doing more trout fishing than deer hunting.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck with both mobow the fishin and the huntin. I'm lookin forward to some pics... of whatever it is you see.

We might need to call mother nature too, since we are talkin to the indian chief and all. Maybe ask for some cool temps.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:36 PM

cooler weather headed my way! supposed to be 40 degrees F on opening morning( oct.1)
Old 09-25-2005, 08:47 PM

Hey guys,

5 days and counting. I am pumped up and entirely ready. Weather is looking GREAT for Sat. morning. Right now we are having lows around 60 and highs in the low to mid 80's. Thur, Fri, and Sat (opener) are supposed to be highs around 60-65 and lows around 36-40 degrees. That temp drop should have the deer on the move big-time especially since it is supposed to rain up until Friday afternoon.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:16 AM

Well, the weekend went ok. My buddy shot a fat doe saturday evening, just before the remnants of Rita dumped half a foot of rain on us. Tracking was fun. We got positively soaked. I saw squat. Not one single deer. It was very warm, though. Lows only in the mid 70's, high around 92. Shoot, we didn't even get to go fishing. Too much work to do. Oh well, that's why they call it huntin!! Good weather comin this weekend though.

Good luck Buck Magnet. Bring it to 'em!!
Old 09-26-2005, 02:03 PM

Four longggggg days and counting for me.Looks like the weather will be a little better.Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 40s.Heading out Friday afternoon for camp.Be back with a report Monday.Good luck to all!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm way pumped too guys. I will be at the all time best whitetail place I've ever seen on Saturday morning. We lost our lease on this place last year and didn't think we would ever get to hunt it again. Fortunately the guy liked us and is letting us hunt a few times this year for free.

I also went out to a public place that I frequently hunt and saw deer EVERYWHERE. There is a place I turkey hunted last spring that looks awesome (sign everywhere) and nobody has been there in a very long time. Oh lordy how am I going to sleep this week?

Quick Reply: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.