Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Git-R-Done (12) thread >

Official Team Git-R-Done (12) thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Git-R-Done (12) thread

Old 08-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 12 thread

Nice grouping Juddie,
How's the mast situation down there in Fayette Co.? Last couple of years when I've gone back home (Hardy Co.) the mast was pretty spotty, even with all the rain. I think there might have actually been too much rain causing some "rotting on the vine" so to speak.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:44 PM

Hillbillyhunter1, the mast might be spotty this year in places since we had a late snow on the first day of spring gobbler season. Here in Fayette Co apples are very abundant, crab apples are very abundant and while on a scouting trip Saturday before last my son and I found some white oak that had just started falling and a few hickory nuts. Blackberries did very well also this year.

Up in Greenbrier Co. near Sherwood Lake where I go to rifle hunt the apples and crab apples are loaded, but couldn't tell about the oak when we were up there.

Last year here in Fayette Co, we had so many oak on the property we were hunting it was like walking on marbles. Looks like it might be that way this year.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:14 PM

Here in SW PA, we haven't had a good acorn crop since 2001. I think all of the wet summers we've been having has had an effect on them. They are in good supply this year but not nearly as much as in 2001. Like Juddie said, it was like walking on marbles that year. Our apples are also in good supply and there are ALOT of good sized apples still on the trees. I'm hoping we don't get a heavy storm that might knock them down. It'd be nice to have them still falling naturally on the first week of Oct.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does and fawns are right here in my front yard eating apples off my trees WHILE me out practicing lol They dont seem 2 be afraid or anything.....

IM 16 High school student.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:01 PM

I put a reply into the alternates post, stating that Throwing Star has not checked in yet. Rob's going to assign alternates on Sunday.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:51 PM

Ringneck2 was just placed on our team. Hopefully he'll be checking in soon.

I spotted a MONSTER buck last night about 200 yards from where I shot my last buck. I filmed him with a camcorder and took a couple still digital pictures but they didn't come out. I may try to take a picture of my TV while the tape is playing so that you can see him. I saw him again this morning when I was going to set my deercam up. He would truly make me sh*? myself if he ever came close enough for a shot.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Dang now that hillbillyhunter1 and I are on dif teams, he will have to find his own deer.MMMMMMMMMMMM Not sure if I will even give him a ride out to the breaks. hehe Maby if he sucks it up and pleeds to me,I may tell him where some scrub bucks are.

Now after all this BS I will probly kill my littlest buck ever,if I even get a shot at one.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:02 AM

ck. in take it easy on this old fellow
Old 08-29-2005, 10:45 AM

Ringneck, where are you from in SW PA? I live just north of Pittsburgh off Rt 28.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:56 PM

Just a little update from your team member. My son and I went out Saturday and placed out Stealth Cams where we plan to hunt. A lot of trails found, deer droppings and bedding areas. We placed one camera on an intersecting trail that appears to be grand central station for going from bedding area to a pasture field and vise versa. The other camera we placed about 150 yards up on a ridge where several of the trails were leading to some heavy cover. We will check the cameras next Saturday for any pictures.

While there we jumped two deer...dang it...wanted to get in there without causing to much disturbance.

White oaks are starting to fall! Looks like mass is going to be good.

Already located several places that I would like to hunt, but don't have enough cameras.

If we get some I will be sure to post the winning photo here for all the other teams to see that Get-R-Done is going to get it done...LOL

Welcome to ringneck!!

Okay guys it is awful quite around here. Is everyone asleep or scouting and not sharing their stories!

Quick Reply: Official Team Git-R-Done (12) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.