Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Git-R-Done (12) thread >

Official Team Git-R-Done (12) thread

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Git-R-Done (12) thread

Old 08-29-2005, 02:14 PM

Default RE: Official Team 12 thread

I tried takinga picture of my TV but it didnt' turn out that well. Both of my cameras are in the are where I spotted this buck. I HOPE I get a picture of him to show you guys. I'll check them later this week.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:27 PM

Iwas scouting saturday. I didnt see any shooters except one doe, i did see this small buck. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/bowngun88/000_0213.jpg
Old 08-30-2005, 04:44 AM

Deer I live in somerset co.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:16 AM

It was not a good start to the day. My brother, brother-inlaw and I met early before work to go and hang a stand. Only I didn't make it far past the car. My brother shut my finger in the car door. Not the spongey part either, it was stuck between the front and back door. OUCH!!!![:@] I got real queezy and light headed, not from the 2 gashes on either side of my finger but from the pain. I never remember that hurting that bad before, of course my fingers are alot bigger now than they were when I was a kid. They took me back home and they hung the stand themselves. Of course when they were walking outthey jumped the monster buck I wrote about earlier. So, atleast he's still in the area. I'm going to check my cameras soon and hopefully be able to post a pic.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope that wasnt' your trigger finger bob. I know that has to hurt. hope it's a short road to recovery.

I'm gettin real excited as it's close to nut-cuttin' time around here. Headin to the missouri breaks for a 4 day elk (bow) hunt this weekend followed by 4 days back here (helena), then two solid weeks campin and elk huntin again. I may get a shot at a mulie or antelope as well out there and perhaps hunt a little whitetail when I'm back for a few days (archery season opens Sat 9/3). I'll try to post some pics of some Elk (maybe even a dead one, good lord willin').

Then I'll have about another week or so of packing and part time hunting as we are moving back to ol' WV and hopefully I'll get a good bit of time to bowhunt there as I've got a couple of good places to go.

Nice to have you aboard ringneck2--tell us a little bit about yourself if you want.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:30 PM

deer902, I also hope that wasn't your trigger finger!! Hope all heals quickly...even if it wasn't your trigger fingers, it would hurt to have to hold a bow with busted up fingers!

hillbillyhunter, so your moving back to WV. Anywhere close to me? Make sure you don't cross my cameras...LOL.

I will be the first WV'ian to welcome you back to the GREAT STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA!
Old 08-30-2005, 04:00 PM

Thanks Chad and Juddie, No it was on my right hand and I'm a south paw.
close to nut-cuttin' time
What the heck is that?
Good luck on your trip.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Juddie,
I have had a great time out here and made a friend (maybe two) that I will hopefully still get to hunt with onregular basis, as the ol' woman has promised me a lifetime pass and it is wonderful country (couldn't ask for better as an outdoorsman), but I got some responsibilities with aging parents and starting a family of my own to attend to. I'll be movin to Jefferson Co and have a little land in Hardy Co as well. I actually will be most excited to go squirrel hunting back home as they don't have but little ol pine squirrels out here. Be nice to see some deciduous trees as well but I'm not looking forward to the humidity or the more crowded space. Maybe I'll run into ya. or your cameras (say cheese)
Old 08-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

What the heck is that?
You know when you gut a deer? That first step in the process. but generally we ol Moorefield boys refer to that as when it is time for action.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:17 PM

Hillbillyhunter1 I understand about getting out after those bushy tails. Now I don't know up your way how the mass was last year or how it is doing this year, but last year here in Fayette County the oaks did good and it appears that the oaks are going to do well this year.

Already found some hickory nuts down on the ground from where a thunderstorm knocked some out.

My in laws use to go to Hardy Co. to doe hunt years ago, but haven't been in about 20 years. During the 2 week buck season we are down in Greenbrier Co, near Lake Sherwood. Seen some nice bucks up there.

When you get back to WV and get settled in, if you haven't already done this, check out the West Virginia Hunting Forum ( http://wvhunting.proboards26.com ). Please understand that I am not trying to steal any members from Huntingnet.com, but just thought it might be good to communicate with some other WV'ians.

Quick Reply: Official Team Git-R-Done (12) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.