Community

TEAM 24 - Sudden Death

Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TEAM 24 - CHECK IN! NEW!!!

thats good about the turkeys there scott and it's bad enuff to hear them and then it snows thats what hate about when it rains here i can hear alot of turkeys but i can't seem to get out in the blind uless i get soaked and wet and then my calls don't work then so i hope it takes and warms up for you scott

Old 03-26-2009, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wapitiScott

Well,Gang ~
They are start'n to strut & gobble out here now...only problem is, it snowed 6 inches last night and its gonna snow another 4-5 inches tomorrow. Dang !!! " Alberta Clipper".
Our season opens in a couple of weeks, so hopefully it will be more like Spring by then.

Hey Lost Horn~
Love that Camp photo ...
Sure brings back many great and fond memories of the "Ol' Days".
That place is one heck of a gobbler hot spot too ! I'm sure you will be hunting there againthis year... wish I was there.
Scott

ya, ours are strutting all day and gobbling hard all morning but they aren't coming to calls yet here. i expect the jakes and real old toms that get kicked out of the group to be the first to call in soon. in 3 weeks we should be able to start working the "in their prime" toms. we are also expecting snow and cold weather for a week, this will set our turkeys back a week.

the problem here in the early season here isour massover population of turkeys. most groups are around 100 turkeys, we have 2 groups between 300-600. we don't hunt the larger groups till a later split up, we try to hunt the properties with only 50 birds or so split into a couple smaller groups because they can be called in much easier. to hunt the big groups right nowwould onlyeducate a lot of birds and you would have to have their patterns down.

the camp photos are awesome, that would be great "lost horn".
Old 03-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

sounds great martin my season is goin to be easy as pie because i went yesturday and i called in some good size toms and i hopeing i got my blind in a good place and i hopeing to get one this saturday
Old 03-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

well team wish me good luck tomarrow i'm goin to hit them hard and hope i get that big one i seen in the field i seen day before yesterday i got my shotgun ready to go and it's all camo now and i'll be out before sun riase lol so wish me luck fellers i'll bring one for the team
Old 03-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

ok here the new avatar i been working again and it think it looks better then the one we got now so what do you all think
Old 03-27-2009, 01:50 PM

Charles~

Good luck tomorrow buddy and hope your first to put a big one on our team's board !!!

Scott
Old 03-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

yea me too i'll try every thing in the book tomarrow and if that don't work i'll have to try something else lmao
Old 03-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: dh1984

ok here the new avatar i been working again and it think it looks better then the one we got now so what do you all think
The avatar looks good, good luck tomorrow get the big boy!!! Hope you can sleep tonight.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

thanks long horn the first one i made was just tempary now we got a good one to have for the rest of the year and i hope i do too long hornif i don't i'll just take a good sleeping pil and go to sleep that way
Old 03-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

dh1984 how many weeks is your season open?

Quick Reply: TEAM 24 - Sudden Death

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.