Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does this bother you? >

Does this bother you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does this bother you?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does this bother you?

Kind of like when the number of posts about equipment malfunctions skyrockets in the few weeks just before season[:-]...why on earth would that be?
But hey - its still a semi-free country
Old 09-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know Ben form Adam, BUT I do know the general PA hunting type and if I saw the exact same thing he saw, I would without hesitation think the guy was going to bait. I don't think very highly of my fellow PA hunters. But like I said before, I just keep plugging along anyways, cause I don't like to let the actions of others get me down.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoeRE

Kind of like when the number of posts about equipment malfunctions skyrockets in the few weeks just before season[:-]...why on earth would that be?
But hey - its still a semi-free country
Im guilty as charged on this one![X(] Week before the season my Xbow needed a new string. BUT that's because I had shot it so much in the offseason, still I should have caught it earlier.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:15 PM

I don't care about the baiting thing, but the bow thing kills me. Even two of my brothers have gotten a wild hair and got bows this week, one has not done it in 14 yrs, the other never has done it! I told the two nimrods that they can't just waltz in to the woods after only shooting for 2 weeks and expect to be god enough. Hell, they ain't even got to sighting in yet!! I got my work cut out for me so they won't go in a wound deer. pray for me!! Bowhunting is not something you can just get into all of a sudden. You gotta back into it. my 2 cents
Old 09-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Could he have been buying the bow for one of his kids, wife or girlfriend?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Out of subject but Jum- you have by far the coolest avatar.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe his old trusty bow finally gave up the ghost but the sights/rest are still ok? Maybe it's his winter project to get it all set up? It is kind of getting late to set up a new bow, but if you know how to tune and already have the stuff for it, it's possible. I wouldn't worry about it too much, there's no telling why people buy the things they do.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doesn't bother me one bit! I have to much going on to worry about what someone else "might" be doing! I know what I'll be doing in about 3.5 days, thats all that matters!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

i understand where your coming from. especially on the baiting. I'm not for sure how Pa is but in missouri you can get busted for hunting over bait even if you didn't know you was hunting over bait. so by him buying it he is putting at risk another hunter that could be following the rules to a "T".
Old 09-10-2008, 12:07 AM
byg
Spike

Hell, couldhave been me, (not really I am in Ohio)I went in and bought a new bow w/no accessories.
You know why?I am not rich andthis is not a cheap sport, I could not buy all the stuffin one shot.
The bow was on sale for a good price so I gotit while I could. So you neverreally know why people
do the things they do.Our season opens in18 days but I am not nieve enough to think I will be killing a deer with it when I have everything,but I am sure some one in line was thinking"Geez".