Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does this bother anybody or is it just me? >

Does this bother anybody or is it just me?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does this bother anybody or is it just me?

Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Spike

Default Does this bother anybody or is it just me?

I may just be picky, but this grates on me. I hate watching a hunting show and having the hunt broken up with cutaways that are filmed after the actual shot has taken place. To me, it's just too fake and takes away from the reality of the hunt. The only way that they can get all of the camera shots that they're showing is if they have 3 different cameramen up in the tree. That's why I like Primos videos more than any others. Is that just meor does that bug anyone else?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:58 AM

Default RE: Does this bother anybody or is it just me?

I agree with you 100% I hate fake, staged shots! I would also agree, that Primos is the best at not doing this!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

You mean the camera man really doesn't sit directly in front of the hunter. Gee thanks for ruining it for me. [8D]
Old 11-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Primos all the way

Old 11-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Montyo976

I agree with you 100% I hate fake, staged shots!
x2
Old 11-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

I hate the cut aways as well. Especially the fake "Here comes a big one" with the finger pointing and all.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Spike

I really hate the "recovery" of the deer after what looks to be a really crappy/misplaced shot. I've seen some "hits"[:'(](yeah - sure you put the deer down with that hit)that make you wonder if there was not a sniper with a rifle sitting there if the bowhunter missed...

Most prevalent in this "effect" is one the more well know cammo/apparel mfgs. IMHO - and don't forget YMMV!
Old 11-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with the rest of you. One thing that really stands out and makes me want to smack the guys is when they are looking for their deer and then the camera man is in front of them looking back and they act like they just found it over by where the camera man is. "oh look theres my deer, right by the camera mans foot" - its total BS.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:10 PM

Our feelings exactly. That's why when our first couple hunting dvd's are out, we'll show our hunts as they happen.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the people on hunting videos/shows are trying to sell something..IE a hunting call, etc. I HATE it when they grunt one sequence then 12 seconds later they tell their cameraman, "look, here comes a big one"....it is terrible. This "SUCH AND SUCH CALL is so good". And I agree with the crappy shot recovery thing...we all make crappy shots sometimes but we don't play it off and act like we recovered the deer 35 minutes later when it was really 15 hours later.

Quick Reply: Does this bother anybody or is it just me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.