Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Summit Revolution vs. Summit Python XLS >

Summit Revolution vs. Summit Python XLS

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Revolution vs. Summit Python XLS

Old 08-11-2002, 10:48 PM

Default Summit Revolution vs. Summit Python XLS

I'm thinking about getting a new climber and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these stands.
The Revolution looks good, but can the seat be moved far enough to make more platform area usable? It also looks more comfortable than the Python, because of the "extended" footrest and the lumbar support.
Any info would be helpful!
Thanks!
Old 08-12-2002, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Revolution vs. Summit Python XLS

I have not tried the revolution, but the python XLS is pretty comfortable. just by looking at the revolution I belive it would be very comfortable, and as with Summit stands I belive you find them excellent stands. Stable, user friendly, comfortable, and quiet. I belive you would be happy with either stand.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 08-12-2002, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Revolution and it's great. I'd rate it (comfortwise) as the tops I've ever used. The lumbar support is a welcomed addition.It climbs very easily and quietly, and is very stable too. Geez, I even got my wife to go 15 feet up a tree with it. (she generally ground hunts because heights bother her). She really loved the Revolution. I'd highly recommend it.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:41 AM

I have had the same questions about these stands, but my main concern is with the seat of the revolution. Does it fold up or back out of the way so you can get closer to the tree when standing. In pictures the seats supporting strap is in front of the arm rail brace. Does anyone have information on the seat.
Old 08-12-2002, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The seat / backrest has three sections. The backrest is attached to the tree with a supplied bungee cord. The seat is supported by web straps and (depending upon the length that you adjust the straps) can be pushed up to allow for standing next to the tree. The front strap is indeed in front of the arm rail brace. It could be relocated behind the brace by undoing the strap and re-routing it if you so desire. The play in the straps allows the seat to be folded / pushed up out of the way.
Old 08-24-2002, 08:39 AM

I had s summit viper, great stand but got to sit in the revolution at the buckmaster show, sold my viper to my neigbor and picked up the revolution. It's unreal how comfortable and easy it is to use. My viper was great but trying to get in it on the ground by climbing under or over the rest was kinda of a pain had to get the bottom platform perfect so my legs wasn't hitting the rest. This thing with the leg rest is out of the way but low so you can step into it easy. Also it makes climbing easier becuase you sit a little farther out giving you more leverage. Comfortable WOW felt like taking a newspaper and coffee up and getting away from the kids and wife for a few minutes in the backyard. Don't get me wrong the viper is a great stand but for the extra 50 bucks you won't be sorry. One other thing that I was worried about. It reclines so I thougt it would be a pain to get out of. But you just leave your bottom platform down lower because you don't need it to rest your feet on but when a deer comes in you can just roll your but and stand up real easy and quite.