Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Question about Summit Python xls >

Question about Summit Python xls

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Question about Summit Python xls

Old 10-14-2003, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Question about Summit Python xls

Last season I was having some difficulty climbing with my stand. It was difficult to disengage the lower platform from the tree to continue climbing. What I think the problem might be is that the toestrap on my stand is between the second and third rung across, and im really struggling to get the leverage I need to disengage it. (Ankles dont want to bend that far). I just watched the video I got with the stand and the toestrap appeared to be between the first and second rung on that stand. Which to me would require less leverage to disengage. With me so far?? I am just wondering if anyone is willing to check there stand and let me know which rungs the toestrap is between.. I appreciate any help, I love this stand once I get up the tree with it. My old Warren and Sweat climber works much better but im sure this problem can be resolved.

Thanks...and I hope you can understand my explanation..
sorry should have put into Hunting gear forum!!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question about Summit Python xls

I use a python also. My toe straps are between the 2nd and 3rd rungs. I' ve always had difficulty trying to sit and climb on that foot bar. But if the straps were between 1 and 2 your feet would be even more extended in front and I believe it would even be harder to climb. Right now I just stand and press myself up like the old fashion way before they had sit and climb. I' m seriously thinking about getting a multi vision ol man because you sit straight above the straps. I tries a friends and it was a lot easier to climb with but it weighed more which is a disadvantage because I usually have to pack in for pretty good distances. I will say that once you are in the tree the Summits is one of the most rock solid stands I' ve ever used.

Old 10-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks, for the reply hawgdawg. I think I just may need more time on it, as I only used it a few times last year during firearms season. Another thing I did not think about that someone pointed out on another forum, was the fact that I would be placing alot of weight towards the tree if I moved the straps and the stand may not grip the tree as well. I agree though once im in the tree the stand is very comfortable. Thanks for taking the time for checking your stand for me.......Jeff
Old 10-16-2003, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Spend a lotta time in it. My work schedule is hindering me spending my usual time in woods. Hopefully everything will settle down in couple of weeks and hopefully will turn a lot cooler. It is still pretty warm here in La. but the past couple mornings it has been in upper 40' s but warming up in the upper 70' s later in the day. I' m not a rreal good warm weather hunter. Rut normally comes in strong about 1st or 2nd week in Nov.