Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Toxonics Sniper Pendulum rattles >

Toxonics Sniper Pendulum rattles

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Toxonics Sniper Pendulum rattles

Old 07-30-2002, 07:29 PM

Default Toxonics Sniper Pendulum rattles

Added a Toxonics Sniper Pendulum Sight today to my PSE Firestorm, shot about two dozen shots and then removed it! The pendulum rattled with each shot. Tried everything to quiet it down, with no luck. For hunters who have quiet bows, I would avoid this sight.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:09 PM
Spike

Default RE: Toxonics Sniper Pendulum rattles

I just put a Sniper pendulum sight on a new couger mag. . I shot the bow with out any string silencers or limb savers on it and took the sight off and put on differant sights same as you did because it made a loud vibration noise. but after adding string silencers and shot the bow a while I gave it another try and the vibration quieted down alot . I also installed Limb savers and it helped also .
.I had a Keller pendulum sight and it makes the same noise as the Sniper does .I think you here the noise a bit louder because your shooting the bow .Let a friend shoot it or let them listen to it and judge the noise level . I shot it out of a tree stand , and I had a friend listen to it and he could hardly hear it .If I were you Id play around with it a while, you wont be sorry .

Deercutter
Old 08-05-2002, 02:10 PM
Spike

I just put a Sniper pendulum sight on a new couger mag. . I shot the bow with out any string silencers or limb savers on it and took the sight off and put on differant sights same as you did because it made a loud vibration noise. but after adding string silencers and shot the bow a while I gave it another try and the vibration quieted down alot . I also installed Limb savers and it helped also .
.I had a Keller pendulum sight and it makes the same noise as the Sniper does .I think you here the noise a bit louder because your shooting the bow .Let a friend shoot it or let them listen to it and judge the noise level . I shot it out of a tree stand , and I had a friend listen to it and he could hardly hear it .If I were you Id play around with it a while, you wont be sorry .

Deercutter
Old 08-05-2002, 02:11 PM
Spike

Deercutter
Old 08-05-2002, 05:00 PM

Try this,Get a pack of the sims mini acc. dampners.I used them on my gold key mirage rest,it had a pretty good vibration to it also.Those little sims dampners shut it right up!Completely silent now,those thing really do work great!
Old 08-07-2002, 11:00 PM

I sent my sniper back to toxonics and they supposibly were going to fix it. I had that vibration from the get go I called them and they sent me new parts which didn,t help so after trying the sims products on it and they did not kill the sound I tried some vaseline and that did not help so I sent it back. 1.5 weeks ago I called yesterday they said they never received it (lie) so I checked ups there records show they got it last wed . I called today and Barb told me that the sight just went out to me today and the just received it yesterday (lie) so I called her on it and she seemed a little lost for words.funny thing when In May when I got it til now they still do not acknowledge the problem her quote the 2nd time I called your the first person to call about that sight (lie) muzzyman88 and I both conntacted them. they would,nt refund my money (bought it through them) or even exchange it for a different sight.and their credibility with me has worn very thin. I'm sure my sight will buzz when I get it back I'll let you know. 2 more things the pingaurd where the screws go in cracked and one post that the pedulum rides on got so lose that the pin would droop.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:18 PM

I haven't had any noise coming from my Sniper. Maybe you need a different stabilizer?? The only noise I get is when I violently shake my bow. I did however notice some hairline cracks in the bottom of the pin-guard. I will have to see if they get any bigger. I did put some mini-limbsavers on it as well.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, timbow, sounds like you and I were in the same boat with that sight, and Toxonics in general. To me, it was bad enough that they sent a product out that they already realized had a problem before shipping. But, whenever they started taking longer and longer to reply to me, and not really ever fix the problem, I decided enough was enough. I got rid of that sight, and put a Copper John on. Have not had a single complaint about this sight. Simply Awesome!
Old 08-10-2002, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pendelum sight? Moving parts? Noise? Why am I not surprised. Try sighting a sigle fixed pin for 25 yards. Then shoot it at varying distances out to 30 yard and see what the results are. The tell me if you need a rattle-trap site.

Old 08-10-2002, 02:25 PM

well Toxonics sent me a new sniper pendulum and guess what? It still buzzes I don't know what to do I have put too much money into it I might call toxonics but I feel like Im beaten my head aganst a wall maybe Ill try some stuff to quiet it down I would like to try it out of a tree just to see how well pendulums work. Or I might just put my Montanna Black Gold back on. What would you do?

Quick Reply: Toxonics Sniper Pendulum rattles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.