Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 The Worst Walk >

The Worst Walk

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

The Worst Walk

Old 08-23-2004, 10:30 AM

Default The Worst Walk

My dad took me small game hunting near his deer hunting spot because he said he seen alot of squirrels well any way we were just walking along and im looking up in the trees for the animals and all of a sudden i feel my dad grab my shirt i stop and look in front of me there was a huge buck right in front of us it must have scored 180 185 and just stood there and looked at my dad and i my dad and i never seen him again after we seen the deer i looked up at my dad and he just shook his head and now he only wishes its was deer season then but thats what happens and thats the worst walk to me
Old 08-23-2004, 11:27 AM

Default RE: The Worst Walk

My worst walk was yesterday when I went deer hunting and walked for 8 miles and didn't see a single deer or any track.[:@]
Old 08-23-2004, 11:43 AM

Mine would be when last year. I got home eairly from bowhunting in the morning and decided to go squirrel huting with my granps. I took the .410 and we were in the woods for about 10 mins and my granpa grabed my shoulder and motioned down the hill about 30 yeards. We stoped and a nice 6 pt come 15 yeards from us and didnt see us and if I would have had the bow [:@].Then he scented us and was off.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:46 AM

why would that be such a "worst walk" you saw a monster deer and you should be glad you saw it and also now you know where it is so u can hunt it in the fall
Old 08-30-2004, 03:06 PM

almost the same thing happened to me during turkey hunting. my dad and I were walking throught the woods about midday during my season. We were only about ten ft into the woods I dropped to the floor. My dad didn't know that there was a huge tom about twenty feet from us. I never got a shot at him.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Worst walk i ever did was during an very rough time in my life (however, made me stronger of an person) was when i was about 19, i had to hitchhike about 40 miles but walked almost 20 of it. Without going into too much details, lets just say my feet were mad at me afterwards[>:]