Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Any good memories of hunting with your dad or grandpa? >

Any good memories of hunting with your dad or grandpa?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Any good memories of hunting with your dad or grandpa?

Old 11-24-2003, 03:00 PM

Default Any good memories of hunting with your dad or grandpa?

I am looking for good stories about hunting with your dad or grandpa, where did you hunt? What was something that you learned about hunting you will never forget. Any special hunting trips you would like share. How about the night before the hunt, did you sit and talk about deer or elk tech, this is for a book project so let me know your great memories..thanks..

Dr. Mike
Old 11-24-2003, 07:24 PM

Default RE: Any good memories of hunting with your dad or grandpa?

Any hunt is special in its own way. i think a good hunt to start with was when i was about 11 or 10. i was with my grammpa and we were sittin in a stand overlookin at valley. we hadnt seen anythin so he told me a whole bucnh of jokes and stuff and it jsut was lots of fun. then a few does appeared from nowher and he shot and missed
Old 11-24-2003, 09:54 PM

Dr. Mike, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] I have many stories that I would like to share but I would rather not waste bandwidth.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:39 PM

Every hunt with my grandpa is memorable, because he' s probably my biggest role model or wutever you wanna call it. My dad took me hunting once, when I got my first squirrel, so that was ok, but me and my dad don' t get along too great, and he always seems to be to busy with his daughter to do anything with me, so turning 16 is somehting I' ve been waiting for, and it finally happens tomorrow!!!.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sadly, i never met either of my grandfathers... They both passed shortly before my time here.. My father and I along with 12 of my uncles (yes i said 12.. on my dad' s side alone i have 18 aunts and uncles not counting their husbands and wives) hunt together once a year for a good meat doe... we hunt alone for bucks... hunting together is great.. we never fight over who shot what because only one person fires at a time and then we all help eachother carry out our deer and if someone comes up short then they have a piece of everyone elses deer to fill the empty space.. too many stories to remember a single one... so that is just the shortened version of what happens every year