Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Hoppes, does this bring back any good memories when cleaning your guns? >

Hoppes, does this bring back any good memories when cleaning your guns?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hoppes, does this bring back any good memories when cleaning your guns?

Old 11-28-2003, 11:42 AM

Default Hoppes, does this bring back any good memories when cleaning your guns?

I opened up my jar of hoppes to clean and put my rifle away for the hunting season, and the wonderful memories that flooded my mind as I smelled this great stuff, the days gone by, sitting in the old homestead by the fireplace talking deer hunting with family and friends, yes those were some good old days, does this stir up any memories for you? Please let me know if there any old nostalgic folks who remember this hunters cleaning solution?

Dr. Mike
[email protected]
Old 11-28-2003, 04:40 PM

Default RE: Hoppes, does this bring back any good memories when cleaning your guns?

Remember it? I grew up with it and keep a dozen bottles of the stuff, just for sniffing.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoppes, does this bring back any good memories when cleaning your guns?

I never use hoppes as it is useless for removing copper fouling.Sweets 7.62 does remove all fouling and will open your sinuses if inhaled.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:04 PM

I like the Hoppes, and the memories it brings.

I'm gonna go home and sniff my bottle tonight!!
Old 12-03-2003, 05:57 AM

Currently breaking in a rifle and finished cleaning the rest for the season. To be honest, I'm sick of all cleaners! Want to impress me, make one that's odourless.