Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 How do u get to be a moderator????/? >

How do u get to be a moderator????/?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

How do u get to be a moderator????/?

Old 07-18-2003, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How do u get to be a moderator????/?

I was wondering what all you have to do to become a moderator in a forum. Does anyone know ? perhaps maybe a moderator can tell me.

thanks
Old 07-18-2003, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do u get to be a moderator????/?

You have to be a well-respected member...well liked...nominated by the other moderators and then voted in. We don' t need any at this time...and usually...it' s older folks...

Hope I helped. Have a goodin!
Old 07-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for explaining that to me, i thought u had to like have a certain # of posts or soemthin.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:17 PM

and usually... it' s older folks...
hows it goin oldtimer?
Old 08-04-2003, 08:41 AM

Here is another question that falls along the same line...... If what you say is true then how after only 4 months did one person become a mod...I would think that in the short time as 4 months you would hardly know a person.... And why only Americans??? Just asking......
Old 08-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Here is another question that falls along the same line...... If what you say is true then how after only 4 months did one person become a mod...I would think that in the short time as 4 months you would hardly know a person.... And why only Americans??? Just asking......

Not all are " americans" Adrian J Hare Is from canada
Old 08-04-2003, 02:12 PM

Ok that is 1 out of how many.... but that only answered 1/2 of the statement....... how about the other 1/2......just wondering.....[][][]
Old 08-09-2003, 10:22 AM

The mods can' t ignore this problem, bump

slayer
Old 08-13-2003, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deerslayer, I don' t see it as a problem at all...just haven' t been able to post much lately.

Well, there are people from Canada on here, but since the vast majority are from the states, then the vast majority of mods should be from the states also I guess.

As for the only being on here for 4 months thing...I personally, think that they should be long time, outstanding members.

But to answer your question, we also have " chat moderators" that are not on the board much. Sometimes they' ve " chat moderated" for some long time, and if the need for another board mod needs to be addressed, the long-time chat mods are usually looked at first. By the way they conduct themselves in the chat, if they agree to keep an eye on the boards too, then they can become a board moderator after posting on the boards, or being a board member for a short time. Hope that helps...
Old 08-13-2003, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

how come not many female mods and what about people who have been on the chat for 5 yrs or more!!!!!!, I know that is chris and outdoorlady are female mods.

Quick Reply: How do u get to be a moderator????/?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.