Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 How do u get to be a moderator????/? >

How do u get to be a moderator????/?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

How do u get to be a moderator????/?

Old 08-13-2003, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do u get to be a moderator????/?

There aren' t many ladies here on the board and Christine does a fine job as the female moderator over here. Not that it even matters...since we go by the rules, decisions are usually made without bias...so everyone is treated the same. We could have all male mods, or all female mods, just as long as they do the job and are " qualified" then I don' t mind.

It' s really not a guys, girls, kids, thing or whatever, we just try to keep one of all at least so they feel represented per say.

Chat mods do great in chat, BBS mods do great over here, don' t really need all doing all...the jobs get done. There' s not a need to make all chat mods board mods when they don' t even come over here, no matter how long they' ve been in chat, just like most of us board mods let the people who are constantly in chat, moderate the chat.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:55 PM

I do not want to be a PAIN,,, But I know of a Mod that has after only being on channel for only 4 months has become a MOD... Now how can this be... Seems a little fishy !! Just wondering[][][][:-][:-][:-]
Old 08-15-2003, 02:02 PM

daf, i know who you' re talking about. He' s a great guy, but still, 4 months...i' ve been here 2 and a half years....i know people from the chat that have been here 5+ years like doog mentioned, she' s one of them too. Some of them have asked to be mods in the chat, but have been rejected. WHY?!?!?!?

slayer
Old 08-15-2003, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only answer I know of, is that we don' t need any new mods at this time...

Don' t know about the 4 months thing...I don' t vote to get new mods unless I know them personally...
Old 08-15-2003, 09:20 PM

Why is it some Mods in the Chat Room are so quick to judge people and others seem to laugh at there snotty cutting remarks towards otheres and never do anything. Sorry but not all are treated equally...I think they should talk and try to cool it down before booting them. I also think that at times it gets to carried away before something is don about it. Some people let athority go to there heads and it is not right nor appreciated by others. Maybe get a Mod and have some of the Members also judge on who is and who is not qualified and liked. You need a Mod then have a post to suggest names so members can participate and then you guys decide. Let the Members judge the existing Mods and if they are holding up to the Amins standards and protocal.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:16 PM

I' d like to see a response to Bauer' s message so Im gonna BUMP it. [:-]
Old 08-19-2003, 04:00 PM

Loaded question for the mods. I bet they lock the topic like always so they dont have to answerthe question. BUMP

slayer
Old 08-19-2003, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

yup me too,they will lock it
Old 08-19-2003, 11:16 PM

Come on now guys. I know many of you guys would like to be a mod, but you heard Fro, there is no neeed for Mods at this time. Keep posting and making friends. Maybe one day you' ll get the chance.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:34 PM

I dont keep posting because I want to be a Mod, in fact, I could care less if I was or not (I wouldnt want the BS that goes a long with it), but I WOULD like to see a response to Bauer' s post. []

Quick Reply: How do u get to be a moderator????/?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.