Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Mountain Lions >

Mountain Lions

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Mountain Lions

Old 05-01-2003, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Mountain Lions

Being in this part of California we don' t generally have Mountain lions in the area but we do in fact have some. My question is how bad do they affect the human/pet population in your area? Just curious because several years ago a male M.Lion came down from the near by hills (probably about close to 15 miles) and stirred up a scare at a local college we have out here. Happy to say no humans were hurt or killed but it did kill and eat a few dogs and cats before animal control was able to shoot it with sleeping darts.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:08 PM

Default RE: Mountain Lions

They are all over up where I hunt. And in my opinion, if there is anything to fear in the forest, it is the Mt. Lion. I know a few years back a lion killed someone near placerville (my grandma has a cabin there). Up in and around trinity, I personally see a couple lions every hunting trip. Never had a problem but when they passed a ban on lion hunting a few years ago, I heard lion attacks went wayyy up in that area.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:17 PM

ive never seen one around here personally but my dad has on our land and ive heard of a few others seeing them in my hunting area. And even a few have been seen around by my house by a few different people.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Litthuntin...Yeah i think i heard about that attack, wasn' t it about 4 years ago? I heard of a few since then as well. It doesn' t suprise me that attacks have gone up, i figured it this much, sooner or later someone who is an V.I.P either for the state or the US for that matter is going to have themselves attacked or a loved one by a Mt.Lion and do something about the ban. But for human compassionate sake, hope noone is killed let alone attacked.

Old 05-10-2003, 10:17 AM

well in Denver, Colorado they don' t come at all that i ben here. But we have a lot of bears come here
Old 05-29-2003, 09:05 AM

are you allowed to just hunt the lions or do you need a special permit?
Old 06-14-2003, 09:31 AM
rio

i would love to have a montain lion mount! most people don' t think Oklahoma has too many mnt. lions but they sure do in south east okla. i' ve heard many accounts of them being spotted and have seen one myself, except he was more of a " river lion" but was 100% not a bobcat and was 100% mnt. lion.

kinda late on the reply heh.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:27 PM

Theres a lion around here in central oklahoma. Ive seen him a couple times and see tracks from him all the time. Its only one big tom though(as far as i know). He is BIG!!!!! Scared me to death the first time i saw him(bowhunting ' yotes in the river and he came by at 15 yards, second time at about 40) I wouldnt mind seein him again.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:52 AM

i live in mankato mn and ppl have spotted mountain lions by my friends place
once when my pals and i were wandering dow a stream that runs into a river we found tracks that had to be a mountain lion cuz it wasn' t no house cat and we don' t have bobcats around here