Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

mountain lions

Old 09-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default mountain lions

I was scouting today along lewis and clark lake and i saw a mountian lion. I fallowed me all the way back to the house.
Why wont the game and parks admit there are lions around in northeast nebraska.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:40 AM

Default RE: mountain lions

Take your camera with you next time. They can't deny pictures of the animal. If you can, get video of it. That is more credible. Here is a website that tells you how to report sitings. http://www.easterncougarnet.org/ It has information on mountain lions, cougars, pumas, etc. It covers probably half of the us. I hope that this can help you.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:30 PM

Default RE: mountain lions

I really don't know. A couple of years ago I found an adult doe carcass that was killed at the bottom of a dike along my creek, and it was then drug up the dike (1:1 Slope about 10-12' High) where it was eaten on. There were cougar paw prints (yes I am sure they weren't bobcat) in the bean field about where the deer was killed, and part of the scull had been crushed and a couple of fang marks were evident at the spot it had been crushed. I thought I had some great evidence of a cougar in S.E. Nebraska. The C.O. I called could not have cared less. He seemed like I was bothering him. Hope you can get some pics of that one, good luck!