Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Frustrating!!!!! >

Frustrating!!!!!

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Frustrating!!!!!

Old 11-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Frustrating!!!!!

I got back from deer hunting a few hours ago. I was hunting up in Lake Tomahawk, Wisconsinas you guys know, and the hunting was just horrible. On Saturday, I saw nothing at all, except blue jays, but my dad's friend shot a nice little 6 pointer at 4:30 PM. Today I saw 2 does out of range running on top of a hill, and that was it.

Me and my dad stopped in at the registration station in L. Tom to check on the number of registered deer, and weheard that it was down 50 PERCENT from last year. Unbelievable, just totally unbelievable. Almost every deer track I saw had wolf or coyote prints right behind it. The DNR has to stop them, and eradicate wolves again.

Edit- I've never shot a deer at all either. Its dissapointing to go out into the woods and see nothing but trees and snow.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Frustrating!!!!!

Keep at it man, I went on a four year dry streak after my first one, but it'll pick up for ya at some point!
Old 11-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Were you set up in a good location? Or just chillen against a tree in the woods...
Old 11-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was a great position, and we were in a stand. Our friend told us that deer were seen there every year. It had a great view overlooking hundreds of acres, and there was signs everywhere. It is also possible that the deer were staying in heavy cover, which is were he shot the deer. Its kinda hard to get in to that area when you have a huge 2 seater ladder stand.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont know what to tell ya, my grandfather got one yesterday some place near LaCrosse WI
Old 11-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

keep at it...deer werent moving that great this year at our place either. i dont know why...but record low shooting i heard to. maybe something bout the weather in the midwest right now...who knows. keep at it...the deer will show themselves
Old 11-23-2008, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Centauri

I got back from deer hunting a few hours ago. I was hunting up in Lake Tomahawk, Wisconsinas you guys know, and the hunting was just horrible. On Saturday, I saw nothing at all, except blue jays, but my dad's friend shot a nice little 6 pointer at 4:30 PM. Today I saw 2 does out of range running on top of a hill, and that was it.

Me and my dad stopped in at the registration station in L. Tom to check on the number of registered deer, and weheard that it was down 50 PERCENT from last year. Unbelievable, just totally unbelievable. Almost every deer track I saw had wolf or coyote prints right behind it. The DNR has to stop them, and eradicate wolves again.

Edit- I've never shot a deer at all either. Its dissapointing to go out into the woods and see nothing but trees and snow.
I'll prolly be complaining about the same thing here shortly, public land in my part of Ohio sucks for deer hunting. Just keep at it man. I didn't shoot a deer till my last few hours last year.