Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

This is frustrating

Old 05-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default This is frustrating

Im gonna whine and cry some more, but man this is frustrating. I tried throwing a black and blue worm today, and it sucked. I can't keep the line tight for crap, I think I need a baitcaster. There's so much slack its not funny. and I still don't know what to throw for sure, so I still kinda pick what the coolest looking worm is and throw it. I only have two spinner baits, and one buzzbait. I throw all three every time I go out and nothing. I'll be the first in line to say that the 5 pounder I caught was nothing but luck, I couldn't do that again to save my life.

/vent off.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:19 AM

Default RE: This is frustrating

The problem is that you are puttin your fishing line on your reel wrong.
Here is a good tip:
To alleviate the problems of line twist on your spinning reel because of fresh line, simply take your spool off of the reel and run it under your hot water tap for 2 to 3 minutes. This changes the memory from the manufacturer's spool size to your spool size. This allows longer, smoother casts with less twists and knots.

Or just check this site out this also helps with the twisting in line which leads too lots of slack in the line and lots of tangles. http://www.wikihow.com/Spool-New-Fishing-Line-Onto-a-Reel

I had the same problem with my spinning reels too, but there is a right and wrong way of doin it. Hope the info helps.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: This is frustrating

I'll be the first in line to say that the 5 pounder I caught was nothing but luck, I couldn't do that again to save my life.
, yea you will, if your not getting bit try downsizing your bait, try different depths, try different retrieves, try a different spot or angle, there will be something or someway to make those fish bite