Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 A Real Hunting Topic >

A Real Hunting Topic

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

A Real Hunting Topic

Old 08-23-2008, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A Real Hunting Topic

trckng bg maine bucks in the deep woods of northern maine w/ a banket of fresh powder. also bowhunting!then hunting w/ my dog for woodcock and partridge and pheasant! then rabbt huting and ice fishing
Old 08-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Little Doe Peep

I haven't hunted enough to say for sure that I have a favorite kind of hunting. I didn't start hunting until I met my husband at 16 and I've only hunted one season. But I suppose deer hunting might be what I like to do most because it's the most difficult. We don't hunt from a treestand. We stalk them and have to find them. It's a lot of work but it's great fun.

May The Sheep Be With You
Old 08-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

For me i would have to say bowhunting whitetails. Its simply my passion.

Coming in second would have to be hunting deer with a gun, then hunting turkeys with either weapon.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:04 AM

I love hunting small game with my bow. like squirrels and woodchucks.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer hunting with a rifle. Just like the old days.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

As of right now, I've madea decision.....I am going strictly bow this season. Although when November rolls around, I may not be able to resist dusting off the .270. Even though I put a new scope on it in February and still haven't shot it[&:].
Will, I'm keeping the rifle away this season, and sticking with my bow and muzzleloader. Should be a great season for me!
Good luck guys!
I don't even own a muzzleloader, so if I put the rifle away, it's all bow for me. To me, that sounds like alot more fun than using a gun. Plus, I get to hunt withmy newrecurve this fall which I am PUMPED about. Just practicing with it makes me feel like I have a connection with the generations before usI love it!

Me, you, Caleb, and Steven need to lay the SMACK DOWN this season. How cool would that be?

We'll eventually be the jmbuckhunter, shcultzy, shed33, and gregh's(all in duetime of course). Andwhen we get old enough, we'll all meet up and act like old friends meeting for the first time,sharing cold ones and stories

OK, sentimental time is over, back to being manly (pink wristsling-cough, cough)
Sounds great to me!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

As of right now, I've madea decision.....I am going strictly bow this season. Although when November rolls around, I may not be able to resist dusting off the .270. Even though I put a new scope on it in February and still haven't shot it[&:].
Will, I'm keeping the rifle away this season, and sticking with my bow and muzzleloader. Should be a great season for me!
Good luck guys!
I don't even own a muzzleloader, so if I put the rifle away, it's all bow for me. To me, that sounds like alot more fun than using a gun. Plus, I get to hunt withmy newrecurve this fall which I am PUMPED about. Just practicing with it makes me feel like I have a connection with the generations before usI love it!

Me, you, Caleb, and Steven need to lay the SMACK DOWN this season. How cool would that be?

We'll eventually be the jmbuckhunter, shcultzy, shed33, and gregh's(all in duetime of course). Andwhen we get old enough, we'll all meet up and act like old friends meeting for the first time,sharing cold ones and stories

OK, sentimental time is over, back to being manly (pink wristsling-cough, cough)
Sounds great to me!!!
x2! lol
Old 08-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

White tail with a rifle! Leah is taking me out bow hunting next year i think thou, looks and sounds like fun.