Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 struggling... need help >

struggling... need help

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

struggling... need help

Old 10-08-2006, 09:42 PM

Default RE: struggling... need help

I posted this already but it got deleted
Eli, I work inthe mountains of northern British Columbia for an outfitter as a wrangler and as a resident guide
My job is to bring in the cavvy every morning saddle em'up and kick the residents loose and when they kill something I get to go and get it (lucky me)
and more often then not it's been shot in the evening and it has to be retrieved that night because it probably won't be there in the morning if you know what i mean
What scares me more than the g-bears and the wolves is getting bucked off and having to cross the river in the dark[&:] But I usually get through it ok( except when i got bucked off and had to cross that river at night)
So don't feel bad we all get scared
Old 10-09-2006, 12:43 AM

Afraid? No. Wary? yes. There are a lot of lions in the area were I'm deer hunting right now, and last year a guy got attacked by a lion at the spot I've been going. When I have someone with me, I don't even think twice about it. But when I'm by myself, which I am most of the time, I'm just sure to keep an eye open. I don't worry that I'm going to get eaten by a lion, because I have my 7 mag with me, but I really don't feel like getting suprised too bad. I'd rather see the lion first so I could get a shot off- I've never killed one before and I'd love to mount one. If you're truly that worried, double back around and see if there are any lion tracks over the tracks you just made. If you check a couple of times and don't see any tracks, there's nothing after you. Those critters are so skittish that most people never even see one in their lifetime. They just see the tracks.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:16 AM

I really don't blame you i got chased by a wolve and i had my gun with thank goodness and I shot the wolve for my own safety. But just don't go bye yourself, and you should get used to it!