HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   struggling... need help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/158352-struggling-need-help.html)

eli243 10-05-2006 05:23 PM

struggling... need help

for the past couple of years ive been hearing stories about panthers being seen in our area and ive been seeing somevery large coyotes. and it has really affected my hunting. i have gotten to where im afraid to walk in the woods after dark. im not talking just nervous im terrified, sweating, almost to the point of screaming and running to the truck. it has really messed me up because now my dad and freinds think im a sissy and i leave early from my stand so that takes away prime hunting time. i was just wondering if anyone else struggles with this problem. i mean im not scared of the dark but what i cant see in the dark and i know that i shouldnt be afraid but i am so could yall help me out a little

PAhunter86 10-05-2006 07:05 PM

RE: struggling... need help

Just think of it this way.
You carry a gun when you're hunting don't you?
Besides, I don't think panthers reside in Alabama.

buckhunter14 10-05-2006 07:28 PM

I used to be nervous, now I figure not much is going to be able to survive the gun shot. If I am carrying a bow I always have a knife on my side.Are there many panthers in Bama'?

Deleted User 10-05-2006 08:17 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

moosehunter21 10-05-2006 09:07 PM

Dont be affraid to pull the trigger in self-defence

hunter9022 10-05-2006 11:11 PM

I get that way sometimes. Theres a few kittys around where i hunt. But, i've only seen them a few times, and they dont really mess with you. Talk to yourself on the way to your truck. If any animal hears a human voice, it runs away. Only alternative is to give up hunting which shouldnt even cross your mind!

Tut23 10-06-2006 04:03 AM

well if you cant see in the dark take a flashlight... and coyotes will most likely not attack a human they are usually afraid of humans

Shootstuff4570 10-06-2006 07:06 PM

we got all kinds of critters here. i jus think there more likely to run then attack. also if its when your walkinOUT of the woods then jus make some noise, step on sticks, who cares if you spook a deer then, its not like you can shoot it.

or jus carry a flashlight

huntingirl89 10-06-2006 08:02 PM

They don't like the taste of human flesh. You are not a preferred item on the menu, so don't worry.

Red Hawk 10-08-2006 12:26 AM

Listen to HG89 - that girl been chased by a bear while on the phone with me :D (she is my little sis after all)

As for being scared, i think we all were spooked at one time or another so its just a natural feeling.