Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Struggling of late

Old 07-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Struggling of late

I'm having 2nd thoughts as to whether I am going to be ready to take the longbow afield this year. Much ofthe summer I've been shooting at apples, leaves flowers and grass clumps. Got pretty good and confident. Well I've switched over some to the deer targets and its all falling apart. I know I'm supposed to pick a spot and all that stuff and feel like I am doign so, but I am ALL over the place. Move back to apples and small things, bang. I've got to get over this mental block. Sometimes I am still good on the deer, but not to the consistency I want to be. It's getting frustrating.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Struggling of late

The frustrating, and challenging, part of instinctive archery is that you can't buy a gadget to fix not shooting well. It's all about concentration and focus. Move in closer to your deer target until you get your form and confidence back. Then start moving back. Pin an apple onto your deer target right where his heart is. You'll get past it.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Struggling of late

You'll get it, hang in there and keep a positive attitude. Don't set yourself for failure before a shot and you'll be fine. Keep at it.