Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

women

Old 05-20-2005, 06:22 PM

Default women

I need help I just cant seem to get a girlfreind is it beacuase I hunt or am a country boy tell me what you think and please no *** comments.

Old 05-20-2005, 06:29 PM

Default RE: women

Chances are it's the things you say and the way you act that turn girls off. I don't know you, haven't talked to you, haven't been around you, but 9 times out of 10 your personality is what they really pay attention to. It constantly amazes me how many guys worry about the way they look more than how they present themselves to people in general. If people had a little more confidence in their personalities they would have a lot less trouble approaching and dating women (or girls as the case may be).

I doubt the fact that you're a 'country boy' or the fact that you hunt turn girls off. I was raised in the country and have hunted and fished since before I can remember. I generally have no trouble with girls.

That being the case, back to the issue of personality... A few questions to start off with;

Are you cocky?
Do you come off as self-centered?
Do you talk about yourself a lot?
How do you appraoch the girls you like?
Are you shy?
Do you talk a lot or are you more of a listener?
Are you funny?
Are you witty or are you more of the class-clown type?
Do you flirt a lot?
If so, do you flirt with many different girls or just specific ones?
When you compliment a girl, are the compliments sincere or do they come off feeling like lines from a movie?
Do you try to be cool by using pick-up lines?
If so, do you say them jokingly or sincerely?

I could go on, but until you fill us in a bit more I can't help. I won't call myself an expert, far from it. But when it comes to girls I do know a thing or two...

Let us know a bit more and I may be able to help you out a bit.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think Dan said it best

Plus you have plently of time to meet someone believe me. Just worry about things you have to do for yourself first
Old 05-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah they all have a valid point. most of the time the reasons above will be the deciding factors. but i have met girls that wouldn't go out since i hunted and they didn't like that, but that's there opinion and you have to respect that.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:57 PM

I'm shy sometimes flirt definitely not self centered or a class clow just an average joe that likes to hunt and stuff.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:21 PM

well... I may not be an expert..... I tend not to ever have a girlfriend because I really don't want to spend the money or take teh time just to go from girl to girl. But heres my advice. Quit focusing on finding a girlfriend and work on just being a good friend. If you have to go out looking for a girl to go out with you're doing it all wrong..that only works on tv and for vacation flings.... try to be a friend to teh girls you already know and the ones you meet....and the girlfriend thing will come on its own.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:21 PM

i agree with the last few posts.

btw- do u usually stand on your head in all your pics
Old 05-20-2005, 09:34 PM

thats a valid point...a recent study concluded that most women agree that men are at their best when they are rightside up!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: mossyoakshootout

well... I may not be an expert..... I tend not to ever have a girlfriend because I really don't want to spend the money or take teh time just to go from girl to girl. But heres my advice. Quit focusing on finding a girlfriend and work on just being a good friend. If you have to go out looking for a girl to go out with you're doing it all wrong..that only works on tv and for vacation flings.... try to be a friend to teh girls you already know and the ones you meet....and the girlfriend thing will come on its own.
Not exactly a good idea. Sure, if you want girl friends, this is the way to go. Go shopping, hang out, whatever... But that's all you're ever going to be. Generally, once you cross over to being 'just friends' that's all it's ever going to amount to because neither of you will want to hurt the other.

If you have to go out looking for a girl to go out with you're doing it all wrong? What? How exactly does that work? Why do you think everyone always talks about the 'bar scene' and going to clubs? Why do people do that? To meet new people.

In my experience the best way to get a girlfriend is to meet as many girls as you can, pursue the ones you like, and befriend the ones you think would be better off as 'just friends.'

Half the fun of getting a girlfriend is playing the field. Meeting new girls, flirting with differen't girls, and learning the do's and dont's of dating. Just because you take a girl to the movies doesn't mean you're together. Think of every date you go on as a learning experience and use what you learn the next time around. The more you date the more your chances of getting a steady girlfriend improve. How are you ever going to find 'the one' without playing the field a bit? If you just pursue the girls you're friends with you're going to miss out on a lot of fun oportunities.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:48 PM

Well...okay...if you want to go thru 100 girls the bar scene and meeting "as many as possible" is the way to go. But I think its a little silly to ask people out that you barely even know. And maybe I'm unique...but most of the girls I have been friends with eventually liked me as more than a friend....that didn't always work out too well but thats another story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.