Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Round Up Ready canola

Old 03-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Round Up Ready canola

I know that I've heard it's available in Canada, but is it available in the USA?

Has anyone tried it?
Old 03-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Round Up Ready canola

Will check with the Monsanto rep for you in a few days
Old 03-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RonM

Will check with the Monsanto rep for you in a few days
I appreciate the effort.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Answerguy, I had lunch with the Monsanto rep today and during the course of our other business we discussed your question, yes the product is available, however there are so many evironmental sign offs much like other RR products that they dont even try to sell it, Unless you are a farmer you would be hrd pressed to get it, he says the only people that want it are people using it for wildlife food plots, and they are not certified to use RR . So if you can buy it over in Canaada that would be the place to get it...
Old 03-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RonM

Answerguy, I had lunch with the Monsanto rep today and during the course of our other business we discussed your question, yes the product is available, however there are so many evironmental sign offs much like other RR products that they dont even try to sell it, Unless you are a farmer you would be hrd pressed to get it, he says the only people that want it are people using it for wildlife food plots, and they are not certified to use RR . So if you can buy it over in Canaada that would be the place to get it...
That was great of you to ask for me.

I'm not really sure I understand his explanation though. I've bought RR corn and soybeans from the farm supply store here in Michigan without any hassles. And buying and using Round Up itself isn't a problem.
Oh well, I do get to Canada occaisionally so I'll have to try that angle.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

in most scenarios before I can sell you corn you must sign a document stating that you cannot keep seed and you must be a certified licensed applicator to be able to buy Roundup. If you decide you want to save RR ready seed you will be charged a penalty of the technology fee which might be a hundred thousand dollars a bushell. This is not necessay each time you come for seed but it has to be done prior to the sales taking place. It is not worth the price for them to bother with it.....
Old 03-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

here in kansas you don't need a license to buy or apply roundup (or any other 41% gly conc).
Old 03-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

In Delaware you need a license to buy and apply....and we cant just run over the line in Md and use Del license for application there, takes another license for that state, farming aint easy any more and the Govt is taking the fun out of it....