Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Turnips

Old 10-05-2004, 09:34 AM

Default Turnips

I planted turnips as an experiment this summer. I have had very good growth - most of the them are baseball and softball sized(some larger). We have had our second night of frost and expect more frost tonight. How many frosty nights does it take for them to 'sweeten up'? I realize it is still early and there is a substantial amount of natural/agricultural food available. I'm just curious if a few nights frost will change a turnips palatibility, or do we need a fews day of below freezing weather.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Turnips

We are expecting a frost in Delaware tinight too, Yes a frost changes the taste of the turnips for people I assume so for animals, scroll down a few posts and there is a lot of talk about turnips and the greens...