Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

BASF Arsenal

Old 12-16-2003, 10:27 PM

Default BASF Arsenal

Has anyone ever used this product? I would like to use it on A pine section on my property. Any pros or cons on this product?

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)
Old 12-18-2003, 05:18 AM

Default RE: BASF Arsenal

I'd be verrrrrrrrrrrrrry careful....Call the Minnesota Highway department and see if they use it at all in the state. Groundwater issues are one...and the spectrum for that product is probably not what you want...

What are you trying to kill...what is the goal you have....start there and maybe we can help.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

The paper companies spray their young pine planations with Arsenal to kill volunteer hardwoods. Notice the amount used at this site...
http://www.state.tn.us/agriculture/forestry/lit/34.pdf
Old 12-18-2003, 10:00 PM

Well I have one section that has alot of young pines and is being choked out with quite abit of hardwoods like biech and maple and ash. last year I cut down some of the trees and the pines got a quite bit more sun but now I have saplings of those trees coming up and supposedly this stuff will go after this stuff and provide nut. to the pines. I called my DNR and they have never heard of this stuff before its primarily used down south I guess.

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)
Old 12-29-2003, 08:03 PM

I have used the product on small plantings of shortleaf pine and loblolly pine here in Missouri. I have had excellent results with the exception of blackberries which it is not labeled to control. Great control of hardwoods though.

Be sure to get the AC which stands for applicators concentrate. Basically it goes twice as far but for not much more money than standard mixes.