Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 another tool in my arsenal >

another tool in my arsenal

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

another tool in my arsenal

Old 06-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default another tool in my arsenal

Last year my hunting buddy and I purchased 4 ladderstands from a local sporting goods during a closeout sale. They were something like $49.00 each. 20 feet high and padded seat, etc. last year I purchased a hanger with ladder sticks that is as comfy as my lazyboy recliner. So for our 130 acre spot we had ample stands to rotate throughout the year.

The only thing that I REALLY wanted was a climber. I just bought a climber on-line from a kid out in IL for $75! Its not a Summit or anything super expensive but I just hooked it up to a tree and it is everything that I expected...and then some!

Its a Comfort Zone Horizon climber. It is a bit on the heavy side, about 22 pounds, but the platform is big enough to stand up, turn 360 degrees and go full draw with my bow. Its all padded, with foot rest, and shoulder carrying straps.

Now I can get the ladder stands where I want them, hang my hanger in my honeyhole, and have the convenience of carrying my climber to the spots we havent trekked our scents in!

Now if I could just go to sleep and wake up on October 4th at around 5 AM....

For those spending $250 and up on climbers...check out stuff you can get used. It was well worth the $75...IMHO

Old 06-28-2008, 12:55 AM

Default RE: another tool in my arsenal

I saw the climber your talking about at dicks. For the money its a nice looking stand and well worth the 75 bucks you payed for it.