Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Ultra Forage?

Old 05-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ultra Forage?

Anybody ever try Ultra Forage from Tecomate? If so how did the deer like it etc? Thanks, Pike
Ultra Forage Link
Old 05-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ultra Forage?

Never used it.. Sounds good if it grows as fast as they say.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

I just planted the Buck Beans in one of my plots in the rows of my corn and sunflowers, we will see how it works out, I planted it about 5 days ago and checked it yesterday and dug up some sample seeds and already had some sprouts so that is very fast. We had some good rain fall yesterday too and should have some warm sunny days coming up...I should start seeing the corn sunflowers and beans popping out any day.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

Pike, I've never tried that product, but I've planted similar mixes. Results may be different for you, but it seems the brassicas will crowd the clover to the point it never has a chance to grow. I planted at the end of July and that may have caused the problem. It might be best to grow brassicas alone too, just my opinion. I read a couple years ago that a veryreputable seed company(Barenbrug) produces that mix(Ultra Forage)and they also produce a lot of Ag seeds, so they might have it figured out. But if you want to put together a mix and possibly save a few bucks we could do that too. I'm a tight wad except when it comes to minerals[8D] What ever you decide let us know how it goes and Good Luck!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

davey rock good luck with the Buck Beans sounds like your plot is off to a great start.

Haystack yep Ultra Forage is produced by Barenbrug but if you have some suggestions im all open to hear them. Im not worried about saving money (this time) just interested in planting something that the deer will go crazy for during the fall months. Thanks, Pike