Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Northern Forage

Old 03-21-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Northern Forage

Hello all, new guy here. I have a question. I recently read in a magazine then looked up on the web a product from Quaker Boy Game Calls. It's called 15+ Northern Forage, I am wondering if anyone here has some insight on this product or in how to get some. The dealers on the Quaker Web page do not list that product.

Thanks for any help

MI_Hunter
Old 03-28-2004, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Northern Forage

The Northern Forage, is a designed Blend of seed that was made in Ontario. Because of problems with Southern seeds and growing temp's and the Climate , QuakerBoy approached the Bishops Seed Company and bought a blend that would grow better in the Northern Climates. With this idea ,a Plot grower can exspect to achieve a better % of the plot to grow.

Depending on the Grow time of seed and Climate of the area seeded, this can have a big factor on the end resault of your food plot. Northern Forage was tested before this idea came out with great resaults.

You should not have any problem having this work in MI, for sure...BT
Old 03-28-2004, 07:12 AM

Thanks for the info. With that info I probably will give it a try. If it grows in Canada it should do good in Northern Michigan.

Again thanks for the info.

MI_Hunter
Old 03-28-2004, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

A mix of 15 different seeds? [:'(]

Each with different PH requirements, different fertilizer requirements, different mineral requirments. But you can be confident that at least something will grow on virtually any soil type .... but what? The product marketing looks to be well done.

15+ Northern Forage