Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 (Hunting / Fishing ) Wildlife Management Area Shape files >

(Hunting / Fishing ) Wildlife Management Area Shape files

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

(Hunting / Fishing ) Wildlife Management Area Shape files

Old 03-10-2009, 07:25 PM

Default (Hunting / Fishing ) Wildlife Management Area Shape files

Could anyone help me locate a place to download .shp files for WMA in the US. I have been able to locate state and cty files from the census bureau but have not been able to locate these. This is related to GPS mapping and google overlays. I would like to get this info for a hunting and fishing project I am working on. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: (Hunting / Fishing ) Wildlife Management Area Shape files

I'm sure the biologists/GIS people/foresters on most all of the WMA's would have them. I'd contact each one you want directly. As far as I know, there is not one, all-inclusive database. Some states may have all of these things collected and organized...contact the biologists on the state level first and see where they get their mapping done. OK has an interactive map site, but it does not have it to where you may download any of the shape files. What exactly do you intend to accomplish with it?
Old 03-21-2009, 08:46 AM

I have a site that I am currently developing. I would like to include this information on the mapping system. I do not want to give out the exact details but I would like to give my members the ability to do wma/region related searching based on state level areas. This I believe would be a helpful tool for sportsman planning out of state trips.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a good service to provide. If you need any help, feel free to shoot me a line. I'll do what I can, when I can.