Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

food plots a mess

Old 02-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default food plots a mess

Went to check on my food plots this weekend. Three weeks ago we had a bad ice storm. It took two all weekend just to cut the roads to get to them. What a mess to. All four of my plots had down trees in them. Its gonna take all spring just to get them cleaned up. The trees are just shattered, tops busted out, trees uprooted. One plot has 3 two feet in diameter ceder trees down. Lots of work to do. I know what my next few weekends are gonna consist of.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:46 PM

Default RE: food plots a mess

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Sounds like an opportunity to make some good brush piles and bedding around your place. Also there will be lots of new growth to attract deer in the spring. One of the bestsanctuaries we have on our place was created when a 2acre stand of poplar was destroyed by a storm a couple years back, can't see 5yds into it and the deer love it.