Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Protein, minerals, etc.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Protein, minerals, etc.

Im looking to put out some mineral products or something. Maybe some pellets or a block. Last year I had an apple flavored block and they tore it up. I was thinking of maybe some sort of mineral pellets going mixed in with the corn.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Protein, minerals, etc.

Ice,
If I were going to start this late with a supplement feed I would mix some split peas in with the corn, you should be able to get some from coufal prater right there by you....The protein is best served while the deer are growing antler and when the doe's are carrying the babies....If you are running your corn through a spin feeder you might not want to run mpellets as the feeders tend to build condensation and cause the pellets to swell thus clogging the feeder. There is a remedy, let me know if you are going to run it through a drum style spin feeder....
Where in Navasota are you at??? I have been running around that part of the country all my life, I live in Montgomery now, we are pert near neighbors....
Old 07-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Protein, minerals, etc.

When you are leaving Navasota on 105 about a mile or sopast HI-HO, there is a big hilltop and drive-ways that go up to houses on the left-hand side. I live in the last house on the hill top. After my driveway it slops back down.