Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Bow Only Plot

Old 07-16-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Bow Only Plot

I am looking to put in a plot that is around 1/8th to 1/4 of an acre in middle GA and it will be a plot that i will most likely only hunt for a month at max during bow season. I was curious as to what would be the best attraction food plot that only has to last for a month it does not need any attraction after that. Also, when is the best time to plant this so it is ready to hunt for the bow opener. thanks for any help
Old 07-16-2007, 07:12 PM

Default RE: Bow Only Plot

The all around best summer-early fall attractant I would have to think is Soybean. Two fall-early winter attractants are Corn and Sorghum. I went to the local Tractor Supply the other day and they had all their deer management stuff in. I picked up a bag of..Evolved Harvest Maximize.. It's a mix of Forage Soybean and Grain sorghum. And even some sunflower seed thrown in as well. I think it will be amazing not only for deer but turkey and gamebirds as well.
It says for your zone that you can plant it from...April-August.
Good Luck
Old 07-24-2007, 02:45 PM

Default RE: Bow Only Plot

All of our late-bean (soybeans) are in and underway. I'd try to get them in as soon as possible, if it is possible. Deer around here LOVE the soybeans.