Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 Food Plot Grass & weed control. Arrest, Poast or grass getter >

Food Plot Grass & weed control. Arrest, Poast or grass getter

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Food Plot Grass & weed control. Arrest, Poast or grass getter

Old 07-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Food Plot Grass & weed control. Arrest, Poast or grass getter

ORIGINAL: Kirch

I'll have to look into that. I'm in the mountains....... not much farming going on here. However, is some with in 30-40minutes. Soa truck comes and spreads all your lime?
What type of spreader do you need for ag lime? I have a tractor w/ 3 pt and PTO maybe I'll look for a used one.
A friend of mine uses a hopper on his three point hitch for lime.It works well .Planting small seed is hard with a hopper but as when I am planting clover or any other small seeds I buy several bags of palletized lime and mix the seeds with the lime in my broad caster than with a very fine setting I go over the plot as many times as it takes to use up the mixture,it seems to work fine for me.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

my plots are small < acre. So I use a hand cyclone seeder. as far as lime goes. I think I'm going to get a spreader for my tractor.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:24 PM

I used a tow behind broadcast spreader to spread ag lime this spring. Worked fairly well. Just have to stop and break up the lime that packs together every once in a while. I wouldn't want to do 12 tons that way but a ton or 2 isn't that bad.