Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Imperial Whitetail Clover

Old 12-11-2002, 11:02 AM

Default Imperial Whitetail Clover

I was wondering if anyone has used this product. I saw it advertised on an Outdoor Channel show. According to the man on TV its the greatest product ever for food plots, but he's also getting paid to say that. I was wondering if anyone out there has used it and how it worked. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

P.S. I live in central texas and I was wondering when would be the best time to plant clover, or corn.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Imperial Whitetail Clover

I have nothing but good to say about it. It really does well, and the deer absolutely love it. There is alot of good info on this site about this product, and others, and there are some real knowledgeable folks here as well, that can help you out.
As far as when to plant for where you live...can't help you there, but I'm sure someone can. Whatever you decide to go with, do your research, soil test, and plant accordingly....so your plot will succeed. Good luck

Old 12-11-2002, 04:35 PM

this stuff works but its not the cheapest stuff in the world

whatever you do...follow their instructions to a T...do not skip anything like a soil test...lime...and fertilizer and wonder why it didnt grow too well. Believe me....been there done that

** I almost got him but I refuse to take a marginal shot **
Old 12-11-2002, 09:47 PM

It works & I believe it is worth the exta $$. I've tried other clovers. My 2 cents

HUNT HARD
Old 12-12-2002, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

Trey, do soil samples. There are many fine targeted products for deer/wildlife nutrition, of which the Imperial products are one. Keep in mind, there is no magic bean, you must follow the directions or risk failing no matter which product you use.
You may be in an area that is not good for the clover because of the soil type, ladino clovers are shallow rooted alfalfa is deep rooted. For the clover you need at least a good quality sandy loam with a top soil depth of at least 10-12 inches, a pH value of over 6.5 and an annual rainfall of at least 40 inches or I can guarantee it will not work.
As far as paying for endorsements, the Whitetail Institute has never paid, nor will it ever, for an endorsement of it's products. The Institute warns it's distributors and dealers not to solicit for pay any endorsements or they will loose their distributorship/dealership.

Romans 10:9 Psalms 42
Old 12-12-2002, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

I've tried the Alfa-rack and the Imperial no plow. Both came up very well and have atracted deer. The no plow has some type of rye grass and I believe rape. I also planted ladino and arrowleaf clover which did ok for a first year food plot. I also tried cimmaron alfalfa and was not impressed. Very little came up. The Imperial products did best of all and even though they cost quite a bit more are definately worth the extra money.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:41 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]