Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Update on Plots

Old 08-31-2006, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Update on Plots

I thought I would pass on results of my various food plots that I planted this year. I put in a total of 11 plots varying in size from 5 acres to 1/2 acre plots. The results are as follows:

Mossy Oak Bio Maxx corn/ soybeans: Corn sucks, only grew about 6' high with one or two ears per stalk with many stalks bare. Soybeans good yield.

Fridged Forage big n beasty brassica: sucks, planted one side of plot with Fridged Forage, the other side with Imperial Winter Greens, Winter Greens kicked butt.

Evolved Harvest Shot Spot: planted next to Biologic Maximum, Shot Spot kicked Butt.

Evolved Harvest Provide: Planted next to Imperial Alpha Rack, both are about equal with Provide having a better Clover yield.

Fridged Forage Wall Hanger: sucks, Planted one side with Wall Hanger the other side with Evolved Harvest Pro Graze and Pro Graze kicked Butt.

In conclusion I found that Bio Maxx is a gimmick, Next year I will go back to standard field corn plantedseperate from a soy bean plot. Fridged Forage just plain sucks, Imperial is a good productbut I found the best to be Evolved Harvest's Pro Graze and Shot Spot.

These are the results I obtained and I'm sure other people would get different results, but I thought I would pass it on for what its worth
Old 09-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Update on Plots

thanks for the report -

Frigid forage did badly for me too on a spring planted plot - though it got very wet - and that could have been my problem, I still have some plants growing - but they look to be simple Dwarf Essex Rapeseed - and the deer are not interested in it yet. My plants never exceeded 8" tall.

FH
Old 09-08-2006, 06:09 AM

sounds like the animals are going to have a regular buffet!!!
sounds great!!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:32 AM

Thanks for the information.