Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Biologic

Old 01-22-2006, 09:08 AM

Default Biologic

Has anyone tried a food plot of Biologic. I've heard of hunters up in Northern Minnesota using it where Corn fields are scarce. I've heard it congregates the deer really well, and been thinking of using it in Central Minnesota around some stands that are streaky with deer. Any feedback would be apreciated and wonder is it feasible and how easy it is to get started
Old 01-22-2006, 02:55 PM

Default RE: Biologic

Food plots are great...no doubt about it, The problem w/ BioLogic is it's price.
there are several companies who make basically the same things biologic does, if you can't find any go to a local co-op and they will tell you what grows best in your region

-Joe
Old 01-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've put in that Green patch plus, it's mostly a late season forage, if your looking for something to attract during the rut or early rut, try winter wheat or rye. I use winter wheat, put in late august for around here, in MO. it was about 10inches tall during the rifle season, and stayed nice and green beyond any other grasses around it. Had 8 deer in it one nite during bow season. We harvested several deer over it during the rifle season. I used the certified seed that the farmers buy to plant with,was around $6 a bag. used 3 bags to seed about 1.5 acres with a broadcast spreader. I have since increased the size of the plot and will put in soybeans and milo with the winter wheat for next season. hope this helps. good luck
Old 01-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

We had a biologic field for one year and it was awesome. There were deer out in it every afternoon. But b/c of price we switched to white clover and it has done very nicely down here in Illinois.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:25 PM
BFR
Spike

I planted clover where I hunt, but had no hits. There is a lot ofclover around, so the deer weren't too excited. We also planted turnips and the deer swarmed on it in late fall. They ate the tops in fall, then ate the turnips in winter. This was in central Wisconsin. BTW, got the turnips from Gander Mtn. cheap and the whole bag grew, covering about 5 acres. I'll be looking for it this spring.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the info. I was looking some clover or another brand name. I let you know if we get it together and if it works. Thanks
Old 01-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

We buy a turnip and clover blend from Big Rack Trophy Products. We plant it in the fall. The turnips are a great draw for the hunting season, and the clover does pretty well the next year. It is a little pricey, but it sure does the job.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:37 PM

Aseed company that we have had results with is Frigid Forage. Here is their web site www.frigidforage.com