Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

BioLogic - Good or BAD

Old 07-19-2005, 09:27 PM

Default BioLogic - Good or BAD

Everybody says biologic is so good. Is that true that it will grow so good? Will the deers horns really get big. If you know, please post.
I am myrons nephew
THANKS
Old 07-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: BioLogic - Good or BAD

Some people may like it, but over the last few years on here I don't recall many people that had a lot of luck with the stuff. I won't waste my money again. The deer in our area wouldn't eat it.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:49 AM
Spike

I've tried it twice and it sucks. It looked good but no activity. I wasted moneyand something more valuable, a couple hunting seasons with no deer on my 3 plots.

NO MORE Suckologic

Buster
Old 07-22-2005, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

My clubs vote is "no mas" biologic. We planted it 3 times in different locations and had no deer. They ate some of it late but we had very little success.

I read on another chat site that Mossy Oak sold the seed company for a "song". With all the promotion that I've seen over the past 7-8 years, if they (Mossy Oak)can't make it I wonder who the idiot who bought it was.

However, in keeping with my promise to my wife to be more positive in 05, I wish them the best of luck.From my results, they'll need it.

Good Hunting

Pop
66, retired and tired.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:54 AM

Couple of years ago, I planted field corn and biologic side by side and the deer, turkey, and bear would walk through the biologic to eat the corn. I'm going to plant buckage forage oats by some field corn this year. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

IMO don't plant biologic. It's not worth the $$$$!!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:07 AM

Just curious. those of you that have had a bad time with the biologic, was it all type's of seed or a certain one. like was it full draw, or clover plus ect. I had been thinking about using it because several friends have had great success with the clover plus and green patch plus last season. Any info would be great!!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

last season a friend of mine tried the green patch plus, he never saw so many deer tracks in his food plot before, same with the turkey. After the rifle season and over the winter, they devoured the patch, greens and turnip alike. They didn't leave anything behind. 'We were really impressed with it, and both of us will be planting it this August. I've already bought my bag, and have ground ready for it right next to my Milo and Sweet corn.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a bag for a 1/4 acre food plot last year form WallyWorld that was a Biologic mix. It came up good in the 10 foot square area I planted it. It wasn't nearly enough for a 1/4 acre. Though I do tend to seed very heavilly just to make sure that I get a good thick plot. The Biologic was expensive. I ended up going to the local co-op and buying a 50 pound bag of winter wheat and a 50 pd bag of oats. The deer used my plot all season and ate from the wheat, oats, and Biologic. All the Biologic had in it that was extra was a small amount of clover. This year I'll just save the money and stick with the cheaper wheat and oats. You can have enough for a fair sized bowhunting food plot for about 30 bucks.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:31 AM

same here; tried all that stuff along with field rye. the rye did good,the rest was a bust.

I stick with rye from now own.the deer love it,the turkys also like it.just double seed it to get a solid stand.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:07 PM

I've used BioLogics Premium Perrenial and had mixed results. I planted it in 3 different plots and it really only thrived in one. I fault myself in the other 2 because they were new plots and I didn't prepare the soil properly. The one that did well did REALLY WELL. The brassicas were awesome and the deer devoured the plot during the late fall and winter.

Quick Reply: BioLogic - Good or BAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.