Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How honest are we?

Old 09-19-2002, 01:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How honest are we?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
And what I get a kick out of is those who ask others if they &quot;follow every other law&quot;, so they can justify their own personal choice to not follow the hunting laws, or poach.

--Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs--
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Typical comeback!!! If you bend the rules in hunting , your labeled a poacher. But if you question those who labeled you a poacher , on how ethically they live their non-hunting life , they avoid the question by throwing yet another accusation at you.

Indy , can you honestly say , that you follow the hunting laws to a T? EVERY single one? You dont bend any of the rules? I bet I know what your answer will be.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:33 AM

I myself would not shoot, but i would be back there the next day
Old 09-19-2002, 08:08 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I bet I know what your answer will be.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Of course you do Bowfanatic.

--Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs--
Old 09-19-2002, 09:09 AM
Spike

Indy in answer to your question no I wouldnt. I wont say that i havent bent the rules on quiting time but I wont go as far as poaching and that is exactly what the scenario you are describing is.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:50 AM
ck
Fork Horn

Hey Bowfanatic, How do I get my eyebrows back down? I think they are stuck way above my head somewhere. I'm with you on this one.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey I looked in the mirror and besides the pounds I have put on as I got older, I am happy what I see. I too answered honestly, I would not shoot the deer and I would rat on a guy who did. Who cares if this situation is real or would ever be applicable to you, you still took 2 deer in one day and that is not allowed. What would you call it?

I honestly don't think your a poacher, Bowfanatic. I have been around here for awhile and have seen your thoughts. I know what your saying and it does make us think!

Old 09-19-2002, 02:11 PM

Never having been in that situation I cann't tell you one way or the other. I am with Froman on this one in that I would like to think I wouldn't shoot it, but I am not sure I can give a positive answer until I have actually been there. It's nice to think how a person would act in a given situation, but until it happens it's hard to know.

Later
Gone_Huntin
Old 09-19-2002, 03:02 PM

A once in a life buck, Hummmmm. This isnt an easy one. I would probably shot my self and call it all good. My tendency would be to talk my self into it. Trying to justify it by telling my self I will never see one like this agian. I would eventually say no. Then I would make note as to where the buck was, do some scouting, and show up there agian, and hope to see him.
As much as I hate to I would let him walk. The main reason is there has been a line drawn, if I cross it, where will it stop.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I shot a deer and am attempting to drag it 2 miles I would be in no way prepared to shoot another deer. Cop out answer but true.

Some things are true whether you believe them or not.
Old 09-19-2002, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

I think if yall passed on the buck the next time you seen him would be at the checking station or the butcher house. And what if the buck busted you and went noctornal, or if the rut was on. he could be in the next county under someone elses stand. If that oppurtunity presented itself I would take a shot if I could. Ive had that happen to me countless times, big deer stepping out on me. And everytime they busted me or I couldnt get a shot and ive never seen those deer again. even hunting the area for the rest of the season. so the next time that opp. presents itself I will be ready even if I had a downed deer elsewhere. With all the time, money, and practice I put in every year Im not going to let something like that walk... espicially with a bow cuz thats all I do.

Edited by - smokyghost on 09/19/2002 17:11:57

Quick Reply: How honest are we?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.