Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer season is coming soon

Old 09-15-2002, 05:47 AM

Default deer season is coming soon

deer season is coming soon here in barnsville,belmont co.and some
of monroe too.i have found a nice spot for my tree stand ,and would like to put up a feeder,im not sure if its too late in the season or not,and what kind of food to use,i have a lot of whiteoaks in the
area ,mostly about 200 yds away,but no good trees in that area,
so i went to the bottom of the hollow and deer a crossing there,ive found a good tree on the other side of this bottom,and would like
to put the feeder where they are crossing ,,i really dont like to go up the tree really high,,,at the most 12 to 15 feet ,,,cant get over the fear of that .what do you think of the feeder ?
thank you ,brian
Old 09-15-2002, 06:58 AM

Default RE: deer season is coming soon

some will say its to late being close to opening day my opion try it ,i have seen deer come up to a feeder when the feeder was just put out not even 2 hours before, as far as the feed try shelled corn ,a friend of mine uses a alfha molasses pellet and will mix it with shelled corn. and on the tree problem , if there isn't a tree that is suitable try a ground blind i myself have shot more deer from aground blind than a tree stand. remember hunting is like a classroom you won't know until you try. good luck