Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Questions from a student in Texas >

Questions from a student in Texas

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Questions from a student in Texas

Old 02-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Default Questions from a student in Texas

Help me answer some questions from this eighth grade student in TX.

"I am an eighth grade student.. in Woodson, TX and I'm working on how to kill 3 deer a year, every year. I'd appreciate it very much if you would answer these questions for me.

1. Should I put whitetail addiction by my feeder?

2. Should I put record rack in the feeder with my corn.

3. What kind of deer blind do you suggest I should use?

4. Should I rattle during rutting season?

The answers to these questions and any other information that you can provide will be very helpful to me in my report.

Thank you for your help."

Instead of me giving this student my opinions (many of which I don't know how to answer because hunting in IL is very different from Texas) I thought I'd ask our audience what you think. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2005, 01:31 AM

Default RE: Questions from a student in Texas

Hey buddy here is what i think (for what its worth)...

--- In TX i stick with corn in the feeder, its cheap and deer around here like it. Dont go broke in the 8th grade.
--- If you are hunting a flat area go with a ground blind, they are a heck of a lot of fun to hunt and easy to build without a lot of expense. Otherwise i would go with a ladder for a guy your age, they are not to hard to move, safe, and fairly cheap also
--- as far as a little rattle durring the rut... it can be effective and if you are going to have a chance to hunt a lot try it out especialy if there is a lot of land, but the truth is deer will move so much around here durring the rut try to sit your stand as long and as quiet as possible.
---Try gummiebears for a snack they are good as H-E-L-L and lucky too!

Good luck bud
Old 03-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Questions from a student in Texas

bump..