Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Obtaining Hunting Permission

Old 02-21-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Obtaining Hunting Permission

I don't know about other states, but here in Ohio, alot of farmers and land owners apply for nuisance permits and crop damage permits. The Division of Wildlife has a list of all of the people in the state that apply for them. If you call them and ask for a copy of this list, they will send you one free of charge. The list includes the County, Name of the landowner, how many acres they have etc. I often use this list to go " Knock on some doors " and try to help them with their " Deer Problem"! alot of times, you can get hunting permission to alot of new properties this way. Just thought everyone may want to know this, especially if you have limited places to hunt.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:38 AM

Default RE: Obtaining Hunting Permission

Startin out in the spring offerin' to shoot groundhogs/groundsquirrels will often build the kind of trust that will get you permission to hunt game.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Obtaining Hunting Permission

If they run it like PA, you can get the list of who receives crop damage tags. How many they get depends on their acreage. You get the list then go knock on the doors. Offering to reduce the varmint population in the spring and summer will help as well as give some good scouting time. They don't have to give you a tag or permission to hunt their land so be prepared for some pretty rude NO's.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:44 AM

Default RE: Obtaining Hunting Permissionin reply to Slamfire

in al.i help some farmers out with this.some let me hunt their land free and some lease it to me,either way its worth a try,and a chance to meet new friends