Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 This is what it has come down too. >

This is what it has come down too.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This is what it has come down too.

Old 02-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Default This is what it has come down too.

On another site a guy is advertising for bids on leasing 420 acres in Illinois. It went for $10,000 last year and now he expects to get more. If this is the future of hunting.........guess I am out.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This is what it has come down too.

As you know, I know of the post on the site that you speak but it is a very realistic price for the folks that have more than enough $$$ on their hands!! [&:] All kidding aside, All-Star MLB player Jim Thome has been doing this with hundreds and hundreds of acres all around here in Fulton county. One of my buddies lost out on a farm he has hunted for 15 years this past season because Thome paid the farmer $10,000 just to keep them OUT of the 100 acre woodlot! [:@]

It truly is becoming a rich mans game! [:'(]
Old 02-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like your lease may be owned by the Pa. Game Commission![]
Old 02-21-2005, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

As you know, I know of the post on the site that you speak but it is a very realistic price for the folks that have more than enough $$$ on their hands!! [&:] All kidding aside, All-Star MLB player Jim Thome has been doing this with hundreds and hundreds of acres all around here in Fulton county. One of my buddies lost out on a farm he has hunted for 15 years this past season because Thome paid the farmer $10,000 just to keep them OUT of the 100 acre woodlot! [:@]

It truly is becoming a rich mans game! [:'(]

And to think that I have had Jim Thome on my fantasy Baseball team. I won't be drafting him ever again
Old 02-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

There are getting to be a lot more Have people than Have not people. The gap between rich and poor is growing fast. Hunting will soon be a rich man or land owner deal only. Property taxes are way to high as well. Landowners are trying to pay the taxes. The property tax on most farms and ranches are more now EVERY YEAR than what the land cost to buy in the first place.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

$10K for 420 acres?[:-] And I thought we were getting a lot for our hunting leases.[&:] May have to go up next season.

Landowners are trying to pay the taxes.
It has reached the point where it takes the hunting or the cattle to pay the taxes, and the other is left to pay the rest of the bills. Not so long ago, we didn't need the extra money and I could hunt all I wanted. I could hunt anywhere I wanted any time I wanted. Now, I'm even playing second fiddle when it comes to hunting. The ranch needs the $$$. With all the "Have people" buying small acreage around here for large dinero, things don't look like they'll get a lot better, either.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang, I was bitching because I was paying $68.00 for a montanas sportsmans license to hunt and fish the entire state. Bobby
Old 02-21-2005, 10:23 PM

My own uncle kicked me off his property, right in front of his paying clients--Money talks!!
Old 02-22-2005, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

My own uncle kicked me off his property, right in front of his paying clients--Money talks!!
Now thats bad!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

James, I think you got that backward. You mean there's starting to be more have nots than haves, right? $10,000 for 420 acres - I'll take it.

Uncle Matt (in IL w/$10K)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.