Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Simple Ethics

Old 02-21-2005, 04:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Simple Ethics

rybohunter If you want to hang your stand in the tree next mine go for it .But you don't ever want me to find you in my tree stand.Is it also OK to hunt my bird dog when I'm at work and not using him.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:04 AM

those are good ethics but there is alot more to it than that
Old 02-21-2005, 06:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

those are good ethics but there is alot more to it than that
I never said that was all there was to it.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:09 AM

I agree with you Charlie.I think that when these kids are taking these hunting courses,they also should be drilling these kids on how the future of hunting rests on their shoulders.The importance of setting good examples for the younger generation which could be their younger brothers and sisters which = good ethics. They gotta fill these kids with information about how bad other people out there want this sport abolished.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

bawanajim,
I understand your point, as I have never hunted someone else's stand and won't, but some guys throw out a dozen stands and expect that to "hold" thier spot even if they aren't around. I think that is just as discourteous.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:11 PM

On my lease we are required to hang one community stand and its nice to be able to hunt different spots. Try not being so territorial. Me and my hunting buddies are close and I think thats the way is should be if you are hunting with people you trust whats the big deal. Im all about everybody haveing a chance and if a big buck is killed out of my stand by one of my partners im just as proud of them as I would be of myself. I just think i must have done a good job hanging a winner. Trust your buddies or dont hunt with them.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

SO YOU WOULD HUNT MY DOG TOO!!
Old 02-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

good rules
Old 02-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question #1----------- What are my simple ethics? It would depend on the situation of course.
Question #2----------- What do I want to see taught in Hunters Ed?
I would make it a requirement that it is manadory to put 5 arrows in a pie plate at 20yrd before you receive a diploma in the Bowhunters ed class and also a more difficult field course assiociated with the Gun class. The requirements to pass these classes are so basic and the final exam is mostly common sense questions and if anyone fails the test, in my opinion, they have no need to be in the woods if you ask me. Bobby
Old 02-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a great start. To majority of us, the basic ethics are common sense, but many hunters don't have that either. IMO, ethics is one of the biggest, if not the biggest aspect to preserve the sport for the future. 10% hunters, 10% anti-hunters, 80% neutral. We need to do everything we can to keep what we have, and hopefully gain more.

4. Dispose of game waste responsibly.

Quick Reply: Simple Ethics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.