Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Experience with Whitetail Institute? >

Experience with Whitetail Institute?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Experience with Whitetail Institute?

Old 09-06-2002, 07:29 PM

Default Experience with Whitetail Institute?

I am thinking about buying a sampler package from the Whitetail Institute (No-Plow, Alfa-Rack, Clover) and wanted to see if any of you had any experience with these products. I have an old logging road not far from the house that would be perfect for a plot, and was thinking of dropping the $32 on the sample pack as an experiment. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 09-07-2002, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Experience with Whitetail Institute?

I got 3 bags of Imperial alfa-rack (4.25lbs bags)which is a alfala/clover blend. I had a small area of alfa-rack and the rest was white clover plus some other stuff. I watched a few evenings and the deer would come in and start to feed anywhere, they did not bee line to the alfa-rack, but single deer did seem to stay in the general area of the alfa-rack but I think it is becuase they alfa-rack was closer to the woods. if there were two to four they seemed to feed everwhere. I will buy more alfa-rack in the spring to try a few more tests. If you don't have a food plot yet try it something is better then nothing. In my area with low deer popluttions the deer just don't flock to the plots like you see on tv.
Old 09-08-2002, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Experience with Whitetail Institute?

I bought one of their sample packs. I planted it two weeks ago checked the small plot yesterday the clover is already coming up. We are still dry from no rain lately. I think it will do fine if we can get some rain.