Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A sad day today.

Old 01-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A sad day today.

I think the law is stupid. It sure puts an emphasis on the antlers being more important than the deer. Anyway - if you just had the head and told the officer it was a road kill, he'd want to see the body. You don't need a roadkill fee to determine if someone poached a deer. And $10 a point roadkill law isn't going to deter someone from shooting a buck for the horns anyway. If the law was so brilliant, why can you not find anything about it in the regulations book or on their website. I had to contact the game commission to ask about it and they coudn't tell me why. One officer said it was to keep people from running over bucks with their cars on purpose. How in the world could you plan that anyway???? Do you know exactly when and where a buck is going to cross a road so you can plan to be driving down it at the exact same time? I'd buy lottery tickets if I had that kind of power. It's just another shady way to get money. The only solice is knowing that I could get a 140" 8-pointer for less than someone else pays for basket-racked 9-point. Do you have to pay for a bunch of 1 inch stickers, too?
Old 01-28-2005, 03:07 PM

yes its sad. just another way for the greedy game commission to make a few bucks. thats why i hunt out of state and not in my home state of penn. tired of giving my money to a bunch of crooks
Old 01-28-2005, 03:23 PM

that is the stipidest law i have ever heard. [&:] i sit in my truck on the side of the road all the time just waiting for that moment that a deer steps out onto the pavment so i can slam my truck into it. yep theres nothin better than gitting up in the morning and pulling a nice rack out of the radiator of my truck![>:] how stupid can they get?
Old 01-28-2005, 03:38 PM

If I remember Ohio law on road kill: You need to have an officer write a permit for the roadkill. Basically it allows you to keep your hunting permit and be able to take the animal to be processed. Simple permit states you have a road kill animal. Don't think you had to pay anything.

Not certain what the "roadkill" laws are down here in Georgia.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not certain what the "roadkill" laws are down here in Georgia
you kill it, you eat it.

j/k
Old 01-28-2005, 04:23 PM

I think the part about having to pay per point is rediculous, i agree having to get a special roadkill permit should be necessary but to have to pay 10 dollars per point is just stupid.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

I just cant beleave that PAY for pionts on any deer you run over and would like to eat.HAHAHAHAHAHA

In my opinion this just will make MORE pochers so to say.Know not knowing the UNRITTEN law you will get the same fines as a man that shoots a deer out of seasion. What a crock.

I think ALL of the stats are trying to make money off the deer not to manage them. This is just one more way to prove it.

If you go try to run over a deer in an open feild I bet 100 to 1 you will never get it.:} My freinds and I tryed this for many years in a 200 ac hay feild. In 5 years there was 1 deer killed on the place. It ran state at the truck when we where NOT trying to hit it.

Any one that says they can just go out and run over one has never tryed it.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

i dont know if he contacted the PGC but I will find out...

As far as where...IT was hit right by the standing stone twp building between wysox and Wyalusing on Rt 6.

i will try and get a pic of it if I can...