Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dick Idol's Rattling Antlers

Old 01-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Dick Idol's Rattling Antlers

Dear Hunters,
Has anyone had any success on rattling with man made antlers such as Dick Idol's. And if so , what is the maxium I should pay for them .
Thanks,
Chuck
Old 01-25-2005, 02:05 PM

Default RE: Dick Idol's Rattling Antlers

dont know. if u get a chance go out lookin for sheds in a month or 2
Old 01-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I tried them and didn't get much action. I have been told that the real thing works better.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks partner,
They were on Ebay. I let them go. I'm going to get the real deal. When you put that kind of time in to hunting you want to have the best tools for your situation. After talking with alot of hunters here on line I plan to give rattling a good shot. All these hunters can't be wrong. And many have pictures of their success.
Chuck
Old 01-25-2005, 08:23 PM

I've rattled in two bucks with a pair of synthetics I have. I think I got them from Cabela's. I've never tied rattling with real ones so I can't compare the two. I opted for the synthetics because I think their a little easier on the hands. Real ones can have burrs which can get a little uncomfortable on the hands. Though I guess if you were using real ones you could sand them off. Plus I didn't like the idea of having to use a rack off my wall.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:45 AM
Spike

Noel Feather's rattlin' antlers. Yes sir! I rattled in my first buck the first time I tried them. Was on a "HOT" rub line in So. Illinois & that big 8 pointer came in & rubbed a small tree till it fell down. Had him @ 25 yards, but never gave me a bow shot. I was gutted. But they convinced me in a hurry. If you don't have a pair of sheds, these will do just fine. Just because you tried them once w/ no success, does not mean they are garbage. I mean, if you don't pay more than $15-$25 for them, you aren't really out much if you decide a "K-Meer Deer" call works better. Just my $.02

Quakklz
Old 01-27-2005, 03:25 AM
Dominant Buck

I won a bid last night on an 8 point rack off of e-bay for 15.50 plus shipping. I will be rattling next year and keep you all updated on how I do in a Florida swamp.
Chuck