Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Siiting in somebody elses tree >

Siiting in somebody elses tree

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Siiting in somebody elses tree

Old 01-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Siiting in somebody elses tree

Amen to that. However with the rattling technique you gave me I plan to try a couple other spots as well.
Chuck
Old 01-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Exactly, if I see his blue truck there I have 2 other decent spots. Hopefully if he sees my truck he'll go else wheres also.I teach at a year round school so I get nearly the entire month of October off. I hardly see anyone Monday through Fridays. After the first week striking out many hunters give up. With 4 hurricanes this year scouting was not available until 4 weeks later when the trees were removed from the road. We had an exciting year.
CHuck
Old 01-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Dominant Buck

He appeared ok . I sure wasn't moving. However if I see him again I might. That morning was shot. I've had about 3 mornings similiar to that this year. Many hunters come out of their stands by 8:30. By the way congrats on the 8 point. That's why many of us keep doing what we do. That natural rush. It's my favorite thing I like to do.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:37 PM

Think about it a second...how many people will hunt the same spot for 6 years if they have not killed a deer? They are just wasting their time. He's probably just trying to get you out of there...
Old 01-24-2005, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

it's public land, first come , first serve..........i used to raise a stink, i was there first, but now i've got the attitude of i can go somewhere else and still have just as much of a chance.....i know the land pretty well, if the other wants to hunt in a stunk up area, fine by me.......i'll go where theres less human scent...........it's not worth fighting over, i say that now, lol.......but it really isnt...God is going to bless you regardless if that is his will........so dont worry about it, hunting is suppose to relieve stress , not add to it.......
Old 01-25-2005, 05:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Real good advice about God's will. I have gleaned alot of knowledge lately off this site but I truly believe for the Christian hunter it is a matter of God's will.Therefore walking upright and having a clear conscience is my best pre-scouting tool I have. Then when I go to the field I believe the Lord works with/and in me to use the tools and skills I have. And He certainly gets all the glory and praise. When I shot my first book I had just read 40 Chapters of Jeremiah. A buck came running fast I aimed and shot and to my surprize the buck came down. I was only 22 then and jumped out of my stand thanking God.
Don't go anywhere without God,
Chuck