Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Siiting in somebody elses tree >

Siiting in somebody elses tree

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Siiting in somebody elses tree

Old 01-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Siiting in somebody elses tree

During the last week of the seson in Central FL I studied the satellite map.I walked 3/4 of a mile throgh briars, water etc. and discovered what I thought to be a spot free of man. I chained my Summit to the only pine in the area. Next day shot a spike buck. WOW I thought I"ll come back in 2 days. The WMA is 58 sq. miles. There were only 6 trucks at the gate. I drove the 5miles to the trail. Someone else parked right beside me. He said he was going about 1/4 mile I said good .I'm ging much farther. I walked fast ahead of his flashlight. Crept up the tree. In 5 minutes I heard the LOUD SPLASHING of a man. He came right to my stand and said OH &^%& you are in my tree. I told him he needs to quickly find another. He said he'd been hunting there 6 yrs. and never shot a deer. Should I find a new spot next year or stay. What would you do/?
Thanks,
Chuck
Old 01-23-2005, 12:12 PM

Default RE: Siiting in somebody elses tree

if he has been hunting that spot for 6 years and never killed a buck you done him a favor by geting there first. If you don't mind draging a deer that far always be on the lookout for a new spot,scouting always pays.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:48 PM

Cut down that pine and find you a new spot.Just kidding if it is wma I feel it would be first come first serve. I think I would even go there alittle earlier just to be sure you were first.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:49 PM

Probally His Favorite Spot And Said He Never Got A Deer There So later On You Wouldnt Hunt There.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

He has hunted out of that tree for 6 yrs. How many years have you been hunting out of it? I bet that tree is all scathed up by all the climber activity? Even though it is a WMA, its first come first serve, but there is something called senoriority also. Bobby
Old 01-23-2005, 02:19 PM

Wouldn't have been huntin there for 6 years if hadn't seen anything there!
Old 01-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same thing happen to me this year rifle hunting. The only difference is he had a permanent stand about 75 yds away which i never saw. The guy was a total jerk in the begining. After he calmed down i told him i would move mine. I did and shot a small 8 pt buck the next day. Then you should have heard the fireworks. I heard how this guy had been scouting and hunting this deer all fall. Hmmmm i was there almost every weekend all fall. Anyway do what you think is right pending on the dudes attitude and how you guys hit it off. I hunted every day out of mine after my run in this fall just to prove a point. Had the guy been decent he would of never seen me again.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Public land.First come first serve. But if the debates in the dark with him contnue I would just get away.You both will mess it up for eachother. When a day starts off like that it just kills my enjoyment anyway. I would rather see no deer then a bunch of yahoos
Old 01-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Little D
I do to the successful hunters out there to what I'm doing to you guys. Get all the info I can. They all have one thing in common in this particular WMA. They go deep to get away from the other huntersand they use calls. Many of them ride mountain bikes. Not only is it a hot deer place but turkeys galore all day. The deer are small enough to tie you r rifle on the deer and carry it out.on your shoulders.However the state record was killed here in 99 a 21 point monster. might of needed help with that one.LO
Chuck
Old 01-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm usually the first one at the gate. The other day I met the man who shot one of Alabama's county records 309lbs He's one of the top hunters for this area. Real good with calls. He got a hog and deer the first day.
Chuck

Quick Reply: Siiting in somebody elses tree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.